HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «


Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris


One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011


Share | 
 

 How Far - [Open]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: How Far - [Open]   Sat May 08, 2010 6:38 pm

. . .

It was late at night, and anyone who knew Tola knew that it was the time for the real partying to begin. Irrational voices, all loud and booming could be heard from the floor below her. She had stayed the afternoon in the inn, catching up on some rest, and replenishing her energy for the journey ahead. It had only been three months since she had left Reisha, and the Albanes behind. Yet, she felt like she had already lost herself, the self she had put together over the past five years, and the self that seemed long forgotten and out of reach. As the music turned up, and the voices drown outside, she was able to trace them away from her sanctuary. Unfortunately, she was already awake, and peeved, at that. With a huff, she sat up in her temporary bed, glaring at the bedroom door. A small growl vibrated in her chest, as she grabbed for her bag and a change of clothes. Just as quickly as she sat up, she made a change of attire, and put her shoes on. Anger and irritation was written all over her face, as she kicked the door open, and slammed it shut behind her. The rest of those who were conversing downstairs went dead silent as her footsteps echoed through the hallway, and down the stairs.

Reaching the main floor, all eyes were on her. She stopped as she approached the last step, and exchanged a glance with all of them. "Tch. What?" With that said, they all hurriedly continued to their destinations and jobs. With a shrug, she walked to the counter, paying the innkeeper, along with a nice tip. "You should really look into buying a new wardrobe, your clothing is as cliché as the next towns." The innkeeper just stared at her in shock, her jaw dropped. Before she could say anything, Lucy laid the real tip down on the counter. "I was just kidding... Jeez." She headed for the exit door, and before she left, turned around and teasingly stuck her tongue out at the woman. As the door shut behind her, she could hear a small sigh, and a giggle. The minor comical relief allowed Lucy to vent, before she followed the obnoxious hooligans to the bar.

Of course, she was under aged. And as she walked by, she managed to get catch some attention from the men outside the entrance. Loud music and hollering could be heard inside, as she casually snuck in the back door. It was more of a club than a bar. Men gathered for poker, gambling their weeks pay, and losing more than they made in their whole lifetime. Women worked the counters, and seduced the men, to insure they get a good tip at the end of the night. Unlike said women, Lucy was there to antagonize the men, and win them out of their money in gambling. As she approached the closest table, the men laughed, and looked up at her. "Blackjack." One word was all she said, and their mouths shut. "Aye, girly! What makes ye think ya can just come ‘a walkin' in here and demand a game, huh?" The men began laughing again, only stopping to chug a beer down. She glanced around the table, then stared at the man who spoke to her with a smirk. "What's wrong, old man? Afraid you'll get beat by lil' ol' me? The table went silent, as the man's face turned a bright red, out of anger and embarrassment. "Ya heard her, boys! Get the lass a chair. Someone needs to put this woman in her place!" She closed her eyes, and gritted her teeth, angered by his statement. Altering her anger into excitement, she thought of how much more satisfying it would be to beat him. "Deal me." And the game began...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Sun May 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Fantastic, it looked like he was lost. That trail he had followed for the past few days ended up being a little more twisty and confusing following up than it had been following down. Often times the dirt road would branch off in different directions...and he couldnt remember for the life of him which one he had come from. Not even his natural sense of direction could help him figure this maze out. In the end he had just gone in random directions. After all, he wasnt planning on going anywhere specific. Didnt his plan have something to do with going where the wind took him? Right...sounds better in theory. Oh well, he would just have to deal with it. He was in that territory where people would look at him weird again. They werent exactly freaking out like they used to, maybe appearing and then dissappearing for about four months helped that. Either way, he was happy to not be drawing so much attention. The only way he knew to go at the moment was straight, and he really didnt want that to be a dead end.

He saw some familiar sites...but most of them were more faint than anything, like they were in the back of his memory. Well, all he really needed was a town. From there he could find directions, maybe get himself a map for once. Yea...that would be great. Hopefully the road he was following now would lead him to a town where he could do just that. Luckily for him, thats what happened. Unluckily, it turned out to be the town of Tola. Probably not the best place to ask for help. A fight maybe, but not help...But he didnt know that. Go figure. Complaining wasnt exactly something he could do, so he'd have to deal with it. Walking up to the town so full of life in the middle of the night, he was a little surprised. Even the forest slept somewhat at night, so he would think that people would too. Apparently not...which could be told from all the noise. First things first, he needed to find a place that could make him a map, or that he could buy a map. Standing in the middle of the town...he looked at all the different buildings...each one more confusing than the last. He had to focus...last time this happened he ended up walking into a morgue asking for a room for the night...

Alright, that was pointless. He couldnt figure the buildings out for the life of him. He recognized a few from the town he had stayed in for awhile, but there were many other types of establishments he did not recognize. He decided he would go to the place which appeared to have the most amount of people. Surely he could find some help in a place like that? Looking around, he located the place which was making the most noise. Looked decent...if only he knew what he'd be getting into. He walked up to the front door but was halted by a rather large man, and his question. "Hold it. You think you can just waltz in here? I aint seen your face around here and I dont like strangers...How old are you?" Denzyl just sort of stared at the man for a moment, before telling him he was twenty five. The man at the door snorted at him and said he could go inside, only because he was gonna enjoy throwing him out later.

Obviously he had no idea what he was talking about, but went inside anyway. What he found was only a little overwhelming. A large group of people scattered around, mostly at tables, and a few at a large stretch of wood at the back of the room, where one man stood. It looked like a type of counter where the owner, or at least one in charge of looking after people, was at. At this point he had indeed learned what that was, so was able to assume that he should go there with his questions. As he made his way across the room, a fat man sitting at one of the chairs just happened to extend his leg in an attempt to trip him. This worked only about halfway, because he did fall...but instead of smacking the ground, he caught the ground with his hand and went with the motion, cart-wheeling back to his feet. He looked back at the man with a somewhat dissappointed look. "You would be wise to keep your feet out of the walkway..." and with that he continued his way to the counter...leaving the other man gaping at him, as well as a few others. When he reached it...he was smart and asked what kind of establishment this place was. The bartender laughed at him. "Are yeh serious man? Dont ye know anything?! This is a bar ya moron! What'd you think it was, a girly play house? It looks to me like ye've gone to far from your last one!" The bartender just cackled at him...while he waited for him to stop before politely responding. "Right...would you just tell me where I could get a map of the area?" The bartender, of course, just simply laughed at him again and waved him off before stating, "Either buy a drink or get the hell out!" To this...he had to take the latter. After a few moments, he picked himself up and began a walk out of the bar...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Mon May 10, 2010 9:05 am


. . .

Although a few hours had passed, it only felt like minutes. A huge grin was planted on her face, as she happily stuffed her wallet full of cash. It seemed a crowd had gathered in her time of gambling, and escape seemed impossible with a wall of people in the way. She had won the money, fair and square. However, the fellow bar-goers insisted that she cheated. "Put that money back, tramp! Ya had to have counted them cards!" The crowd started roaring, jumbled words she couldn't make out. Nonetheless, she was sure they were angry. She exchanged a frustrated glare with the man, glancing around the table. Slowly, she stood, as the man gave a strained smile, holding back laughter. Her serious expression was replaced with a smirk, as she placed her foot on her chair, pushing off and extending herself through the air, over the vicious wall of people. Landing gracefully, the crowd was silent, and she finally spoke. "You lost, get over it. Now if you don't mind...-" Before she could finished, the crowd broke up as the man charged through, swinging and ready for a fight. She ducked just in time, eyes wide. "Whoa, man. Chill. I'm not looking for a fight." He stopped, glaring, crazed, and spouted words at her. "It's too late to beg for mercy, lass! You've really gone and pissed me off now!" His eyes were dark, lost. She could tell he was irrational, and that talking wouldn't get her out of this situation now. She could either forfeit her winnings, and hope he let her leave, which was unlikely to happen in the current conditions. Another option was to stand her ground, and teach the moron a lesson. Or she could do the smart and humane thing, and make a run for it. At the moment, option number three looked like a good idea. However, she wouldn't even get the chance to take the plan into action.

As she turned to make her escape, his fist met the side of her face, and she fell forward, barely catching herself. Shit. That's gonna leave a mark. Before she could even stand up, his foot pierced her side, forcing her to roll across the floor, into the wall. With some distance between them, she finally had the chance to stand. Her hand guided along wall, helping her find her ground. She cringed, one eye squinted, the other on her unintentional opponent. She spat on the floor in front of her, red, blood. But she was fine, despite how bad it looked. She was quite tolerant of pain, due to her training in Reisha. However, she still didn't really want a fight. If she had her way, she would have walked away with her winnings minutes before this feud started. Her breathing was hard, steady, but stressed. She just stared at him, for what seemed like forever. Her teeth gritted, her hands placed on the wall behind her, a crutch. "Coward!" She closed her eyes, trying to keep her cool, but she failed. A loud growl escaped her chest, her eyes wide, infuriated. "I... am not... a Coward!" In that very moment, she felt something unfamiliar, such anger. But where did it come from? In that very moment, a piece of her just snapped, and she lashed out at this complete and utter stranger. She pulled her hands to her belt, standing on her own now. Her blades seemed to just slip into her hands, automatically. Lucy let out a huff, bringing her tonfa blades in front of her, on guard. Her glare met his, and for a second, he actually seemed a bit intimidated. "Well!? You want a fight, or not!?" Her voice seemed almost demonic, completely different from her usual calm, collected composure.

Before the man could respond, a woman from the back made her way through, calling him by name. "Damnit, Jesse! Let the girl go!" The man, obviously said Jesse, turned to her, seemingly calm now. She just stood there, panting, unsure of her next action. And finally, he spoke up. "Sorry... I'm sorry, Cass." Though he wasn't speaking to her directly, she knew that the coast was clear now, the storm was over. Her arms dropped, blades slipping back into their designated place. Her shoulders slouched back, her head down, throbbing from the frustration and rush of it all. She looked broken, confused, lost as she made her way for the door. Although the exit was only feet away, it seemed like miles in her exhausted condition. She clearly hadn't gotten enough rest at the inn, and would likely need to make a second stay. Lucy approached the door, seemingly already propped open by someone else who had been leaving. "Hey... Hold the door, please..." She didn't make eye contact, just focused on making it out of that hell of a bar alive...

. . .



Last edited by Fαταl Aττrαcτioη on Tue May 11, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Mon May 10, 2010 4:35 pm

As clueless as he generally was, he was getting the feeling that this place, this "bar" was a place of meeting for humans, generally the more annoying one. All it really took was that conversation with the bartender to realize what kind of a place it was, and ultimately decide he should leave. It was one of those times where he actually wished the people there were cowering in fear or something, at least then he could make a smooth exit. Because of those thoughts, he knew that things like fights were more than likely to break out...which is the main reason he didnt pay any mind to the one that took the attention of the whole bar as he was walking towards the exit. Ignoring it wasnt really that hard, it was more like just a bunch of noise anyway. All he heard was voices of men barking at eachother...nothing he had to bother with. Let them have their "fun", he was getting the hell out of there before HE ended up having to hurt someone.

It was about the time he was at the door, hand on it and ready to push open, that he really heard something from the fight that was said for the first time. What caught his attention was a single voice, one that obviously belonged to a female. The others may have been too thick to realize it, but somehow he could tell just be the sound of her voice that she was still a teenager, probably somewhere between fifteen and eighteen. He turned his head to look with some admitted interest at that point, but left his hand on the wall. What he saw was the group of people gathered around her while she tried to talk her way out of a fight. It was, obviously, unsuccessful, and before she knew what was happening, he could tell, she was socked right in the face. The blow made him flinch himself a little, for he knew that could not have felt good. He felt the urge to step in, but knew that it was not his fight, and if he did so...the whole place would probably break out into one big rumble. Much as he wanted to help, he knew that wasnt possible.

He decided he wouldnt step in until things became...more deadly. In truth, it was hard for him to stay in the same spot as she took the second blow to the stomach, launching her across the room, but he was able to anyway. He watched even longer...just about ready to step in anyway when suddenly the girl whipped out two blades, holding them with what looked like a good amount of skill. His eyes widened slightly, and he reached behind his back for his bow, placing one hand on it but not yet weilding it...when suddenly a woman came out and hollered at the man who had started the whole thing. He knew it was over right then, so took his attention off of them, and instead took a look at the girl. She seemed different, once those blades slipped into her hands...battle crazed, perhaps. Then again, that was understandable. One can only take so much before you just want to throw caution out the window and screw someone over.

He turned his attention back to the door, which his other hand was still on, and began to push slightly to go out when all of a sudden her voice was next to him, and a little below as well. It surprised him slightly, she had gotten over there quickly, though he did not jump. She had asked for him to hold the door for her, and he looked down...studying her now exhausted and beaten face. He paused for a moment, looking at her, but then opened the door the rest of the way and followed her out. He was met again by the doorman, who was of course, like everyone else, laughing. "Oi! Look who it is! Its been not five minutes since you went in there! To much for you to handle eh?" His laugh was cut short when he noticed the girl, and suddenly he was on her. He grabbed her by the arm and yanked her over to him, forcefully. "What the hell do you think your doing here?! Adults only!" Despite the fact that she was LEAVING, the man seemed intent on holding her for...some reason. Before either of them could react any further, the doorman was suddenly smacked to the ground...by his boot, leaving the girl just standing there. "She was just leaving. And so was I." he said to the downed and embarrassed man.

He walked with her a few ways away from everyone else before turning to look at her, something going through his head. "Hey, you dont look so good." he touched his own cheek where a big purple bruise was starting to form on hers "I dont think your cheek likes being big and blue. I could treat it for you if you'd like."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Mon May 10, 2010 9:59 pm

. . .

Fortunately for her, the man standing at the door was probably the most civil of them all. He held it open, and followed her out. Before she could say her thanks, another man, outside the door, raised his voice. This wouldn't have caught her attention, if she hadn't remembered where she was, and how she got in the bar in the first place. Her eyes widened, and she almost wanted to hide behind the man who had kindly held the door for her, but she didn't. In a matter of moments, he noticed her. She wasn't the least surprised when he forcefully grabbed her by the arm, yelling at her as if he was some saint. And for once, she didn't say a thing. She was already beaten, she didn't really care, or feel anymore pain than she already had. Moving her would be as easy as manipulating a doll, and she knew this, in her tattered state. What the hell have I gotten myself into..? Lucy asked herself this, just as she felt the man's grip loosen, as he took a plumit for the ground. Again, surprised, she turned to see it was the same man who had held the door. He had taken the man down in a matter of seconds, and it wasn't even his battle to fight.

She couldn't help but just stand and stare at him for awhile. And as she went to leave, speechless, she found him in her company. Lucy knew she should have showed him her gratitude, but she never seemed to be good with words. Before she could utter a word, he spoke up, seemingly concerned about the bruise on her face. She had nearly forgotten it, to be honest. But as she watched where he put his hand on his face, and mimicked him, gently caressing her own, she could definitely feel it. Even the lightest of touch made her cringe, and she couldn't help but grit her teeth once more. She wondered what he ment by saying he could treat it, and more importantly, why this complete stranger in such a run down town wanted to help her.

Lucy blinked a few times, trying to grasp words. "Oh... Uhm... Thank you, for back there... The door... And that guy..." She seemed to be rambling, but she didn't know how to thank him enough. "I really couldn't... Accept your help... You've already done enough... And you don't even know me. I mean, I don't even know you." Her desperate attempt for making a statement was failing, and fast. So before she could say anything else stupid, she reached into her wallet, and pulled out her winnings. "Here. It's the least I could do..." Lucy held out her handfull of cash, insisting the stranger take it. She wasn't even entirely sure of what she was doing, handing her hard earned money over to someone she didn't even know. But what she did know, was it felt right...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 pm

He couldnt help but smile, a kind friendly smile at how she rambled. It wasnt because he was amused, but rather because it let him know that she actually was grateful. He was expecting her to blow him off, honestly, to just be like "Uh, no thanks...bye..." and run off. He was pleasantly surprised that she actually responded positively. It was the first time that had happened in awhile anyway. "No, its okay, really. Do I need to know you to offer help? If so, this world is messed up more than I've thought." he said, laughing the last sentence out. He reached for the pouch on his leg, ready to extract the proper medical supplies to help the bruise stop hurting, when suddenly she made an unexpected movement.

She had pulled out a crap load of cash out of seemingly nowhere, and his eyes did admittedly widen a little. Not so much because he was like "Oh look! MONEY!", but rather because he didnt see it coming. But that look of surprise slowly turned into a small frown. Something about a scenario where one person gives up money, a lot of it at that, just because someone had acted through the kindness of their heart...well it didnt seem right. He knew he couldnt accept it, though he was getting the feeling that all that money in her hands was probably what caused the fight. Realizing this, the frown changed again into a small smirk as he pushed her hands down, rejecting the offering. "Is this what that fight was over? I can see why that guy was angry. I get the feeling you earned that money with more than just your skill with cards, so I cant accept it." he placed a finger on the side of his forehead, immitating a thinking stance. "To be honest, if an act of kindness is so rare around here that one would feel the need to pay because of it, then I think were really in for it!" he continued, the smirk returning. It was after that moment that he extended his arm, and invitation for a handshake. "My name is Dan."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 11, 2010 5:00 pm

. . .

While she was desperately trying to speak, he seemed to smile lightly. However, she knew that smile. It reminded her of home. It wasn't a smile out of amusement, or a smile like the one those men had given her, out of who knows what. That smile was out of kindness, friendliness. The kind of smile that came from the heart. She couldn't help but grin herself, giggling a little. Lucy didn't think she would miss Reisha or the Albanes as much as she did now, he reminded her of Merrick, in a way. That was what made her smile the most, the familiarness of it all. She listened attentively to his statement, about how the world might be worse off than he originally thought, if an act of kindness was so strange. As she thought about it, he was right. In the fact that if just being friendly was alien around the parts, but she had a feeling it wasn't all bad as it was in Adilet.

He was retrieving his medical supplies, when she reached into her wallet. When her hand offered him the money, he happily rejected it. Have it been any other person, she would have been surprised. She may have not known him, but she knew enough to be sure he wasn't going to take the money, no matter how hard she tried to make him take it. So she casually returned it to her wallet, and intended on paying him back later, somehow. Unlike the other people in this town, he was friendly, and more importantly, seemingly happy. It seemed like forever since she had seen such a bright face, full of life, and determination. Strangely enough, it gave her hope for herself. Maybe she wasn't so lost after all, maybe she hadn't fallen as far as she thought.

Dan, as he introduced himself, extended his hand with intentions of a handshake. She smiled and laughed, gladly placing her hand in his, and shaking it with enthusiasm. "A pleasure to meet you, Dan. They call me Lucy." Her grip was tight on his, but loosened quickly, as she returned her hands to her hips. She looked up at him, smiling brightly. "So... What brings you here, in the midde of 'nowheresville'?" Lucy was pretty sure he wasn't from around these parts, by the way they had spoken to him, and the fact that he was much friendlier than the average person in this port town...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 11, 2010 5:59 pm

The smirk changed into a good healthy smile when she laughed and smiled back. From what he had seen of her so far, the last thing from her face was a smile. It had gone from serious, to a little afraid, to solem and throbbing with pain. It was good to see her enjoying herself again, even though, as she said, he didnt know her. Kinda strange really, the way he would be so concerned and at the same time happy with her own happiness. Well, that was probably just the way he was, and he felt right that way. Someone in the world had to be concerned with more than just himself anyway. She took his hand and gave it a nice hard shake, showing him that being a girl didnt mean she was a softie, a trait her liked. It let his grin return and stay. He liked the way she put emphasis on the word 'me' before introducing herself, and he responded with a nod of recognition. He could tell by the way she acted that she didnt already know him previously like many others had, which relieved him. If there was anyone he didnt want to suddenly freak out and sceam bloody murder, it was her.

She asked him an excellent question in that moment...and excellent question in which he could only find a single excellent answer. "Nowheresvill? Is that what this place is called?" he looked around confused, as if looking for a sign with the town name...he was actually serious. He returned to her though before she could say anything. "To be honest I didnt actually come here intentionally. I'm a little new to the area, and I didnt have a map...so I was just following the roads, which led me here. I was starting to think it was a stupid mistake, but then I met you." his grin returned from the clueless look he had before, then he continued, "I dont think your around-from around her either...your too smart to be related to anyone in that "bar"."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 11, 2010 6:11 pm

. . .

His response, with a question of his own, made her think he was messing around. She giggled a little to herself, he seemed so clueless. Then she realized, he was serious. "This is the port town of Tola." She had learned this from the people, by listening to conversations, and eavesdropping on business. "From here, one could rest and stay awhile, then continue their journey southwest, to the Royal City of Kreine. Or of course, they could cross the Ladis Sea, due north to the continent of Wrynos." Honestly, if she hadn't stuck around for awhile, and made observation, she certainly wouldn't have known as much as she did now. All she really knew was Reisha, she had just entered the world, in a sense. Tola had been the first actual town she had stumbled across, so far. She had spent most of her days traveling the lands, only stopping in Tola for about nine days of the months she had been away from Reisha. To think all those years she wanted to leave, and now all she could think of was wanting to go back.

Lucy continued from where she had left off, giving a little information about herself. "Believe it or not, I'm also new to these parts. In fact, I'm kind of new to this world, in a sense. I come from Reisha, I only departed from my family a few months ago." As she spoke, she couldn't help but recall his own words. Strange, he's clearly elder than me, and looks Human, but he's never been around here. Strange, indeed. Despite her overactive thinking, and weird imagination, she tried to keep in contact with reality. It was dark, and only growing darker. If he was knew around these parts, he likely didn't know where the inn was, considering he walked into a bar without exactly knowing. "I don't mean to be rude, but mind continue this conversation elsewhere? I can show you the inn. It's getting late, and the temperature is already dropping. I'm sure you need a place to stay for the night. Fortunately for you, the people who run the inn are very kind." As she spoke, she was walking at a slow pace, expecting him to follow her...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 11, 2010 7:24 pm

The girl, whos name he now knew as Lucy, had just then given him a good amount of information. The collection of names and locations she had presented sounded familiar...both in the back of his head, and from the places that the family he had stayed with talked about. He placed one hand on his chin in a real thinking position, mentally forumulating a map in his head using the information she had given him. So...this port town, Tola, was pretty far north...at the edge of the continent even. No wonder he had been on that same road for what felt like days...he probably bypassed a large amount of smaller and larger cities on the way here...or was he so clueless he had walked straight through them without even realizing? No, he wasnt that bad...not yet. He was in the middle of his mental map making when she spoke again, shaking him from his thoughts as he looked back at her again with attention.

"I see...you look pretty young, thats really impressive. Despite being as old as I am, I'm in the same boat as you believe it or not. As far as I know, I've been away from society for quite awhile, just sort of by myself...for about...four years I think? I've just recently started to see the world for what it really is." he bit his bottom lip, unsure of whether or not telling her his "life story", as short as it is, to her. She could probably take it the wrong way...or just think he was crazy. Well, maybe he'd be able to tell her later...right now she probably didnt need to know all that stuff. Even now, this meeting could end one of two ways. They could either both end it with a 'Well...it was nice to meet you, I guess I'll see you...', and basically never see eachother again, or they could hang out for awhile, possibly become friends. He was considering this when she appeared to make the latter more promising than the former.

She had suggested the two of them going to an inn, as it was getting cold and dark out, which he honestly didnt realize. He knew what she was talking about was, for once...so he could actually agree with her this time confidentally. He nodded "Sure, lead the way" he said, following after her as she had begun to walk. He would have to follow her, because he sure as heck didnt know where it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 11, 2010 8:04 pm

. . .

When he started to give away some information on himself, she listened all the more attentively. Especially when he mentioned being away from society for years, reminding her of herself, in a sense. Was it crazy to think their meeting wasn't coincidence, and that maybe she actually knew him at some point? At the moment, she just thought she was being too hopeful, that maybe she had already found a key to her memories. She knew her hopes were too high, and that she should bring her mind back to reality, instead of beyond the clouds. All this thinking was getting tiring, and despite how much she wanted to find her past, at the same time, she wished her life had really just started in Reisha, and that she really was the daughter of the Albanes. However, she knew that wasn't true, and that wasn't who she was. She was a dreamer, she knew that. She also knew that was a characteristic of hers she wouldn't be able to change, that she would have to live with.

As they continued walking, she realized just how much pain she was in. Her side hurt like hell from getting kicked around like a toy, but she didn't show it. She walked normally, breathed fine, and smiled through the pain. Besides, the inn wasn't that far, and she could finally rest when they reached their destination. Lucy looked back every once in awhile, to make sure he was following. She was sure that without him, he would probably get lost in this strange town. Stopping, and opening the door for him this time, she made obvious they had made it to the inn. "Hey Mertyl! This man needs a room!" She called out, playfully, as demanding as she sounded. Said Mertyl returned to her counter, shaking her head, with a sigh. "You couldn't try to be the least bit polite, Miss Lucy?" With an obnoxious laugh, she grinned wildly. Lucy wasn't into 'good manners', they were always too formal and boring. She liked to make things interesting, as long as people knew she still had respect for them. "C'mon, Dan. She'll have a key for you, and I'm paying, so don't worry. There is an open kitchen too, so feel free to eat all you can." Her eyes seemingly closed, and a smile on her face. She was determined to make her first friend...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 11, 2010 8:30 pm

He began following behind her, leaving some space for silence...though it was a comfortable silence. It left him some time to be alone with his thoughts as he looked around the town, or up at the stars which could now be seen up in the sky. The darkness all around did provide an interesting feeling of peace, and it made him feel good...alive. It was an interesting effect, and he liked it. He hadnt really thought about it, but the world was lonlier than he thought it would be. Leaving that forest, he had expected more...he guessed. Really, the only kind of human companionship he had felt in the months he had been around was in that town he didnt even know the name to...and even then he felt like he was over stepping a boundry. It caused him to give a sad smile that Lucy probably didnt see as he looked up at the stars. Maybe things would turn around...because right now, he really didnt know what he was doing.

It was when they got close to the Inn that he looked back down, and noticed the way she was hurting. She tried to hide it, she did indeed, but he could see right through it. Not exactly sure how, but he could just tell. He was glad she wanted to appear strong...but a little disappointed that she would think she had to. Putting on a constant disguise to others was never a good idea. He'd worry about it later though, because they were there now. She opened the door for HIM this time, and he properly thanked her before another conversation broke out between her and another woman named Mertyl.

He stood by idle and waited for the exchange to pass, and he nodded at Lucy who presented him some information. The place really did feel cozy...but he wasnt ready for sleep just yet. He didnt know about her, but he wasnt really tired. "Alright, I'll look into that in awhile..." he looked around and noticed that the lobby of the inn was also a sort of living room...as he noticed some vacant tables and couches. Cozy indeed. "Would you like to sit down somewhere? I'd still like to take a look at that bruise in any case." he smiled warmly, adding to the friendly invitation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 11, 2010 8:52 pm

. . .

For once, she didn't feel misplaced. And to her, it seemed her didn't either. He was making himself familiar, looking around, and acknowledging the vacant tables. Despite her disguise, he still seemed to want to attend to her bruise. She wasn't exactly good with doctors, so it gave her the same vibe when he wanted to help her. Even so, he was different from some doctor, and she felt slightly more comfortable around him, though he was still a bit of a stranger. She stared off as she thought, taking on a thoughtful expression this time. If it would put him at ease, then she thought, maybe she should just let him do what he needed, and leave it at that. Her eyes met his again, as she spoke. "If you insist..." She let out a sigh, then gave a crooked smile. As a 'ninja', she was supposed to conceal her weaknesses. So far, it seemed she was doing a horrible job at that.

Lucy managed to follow her feet to a nearby table, sitting down. He would likely follow, and get out his medical supplies, this she could predict from him. It wasn't that he was predictable, but everyone seemed predictable to her. The silence between them wasn't at all awkward, but she wished she knew what to talk about. Apparently, the employees of the inn thought that when they took a seat at the table, that they intended to eat as well. What seemed to be a waitress approached them, offering further hospitality. "Could I get you something?" The sudden statement startled her a bit, though she didn't jump. "Oh... Uhm, no. No, thank you. We're just sitting." The lady tilted her head, glancing at her, and Dan, then back to Lucy again. Although she had thought she had rid of the woman, she stood where she was. "My apologies. Just water, maybe?" In a matter of seconds of the word, Lucy seemed to interrupt. "No!... I mean... No, thank you. No water." With a surprised expression, the waitress silently walked away. Lucy just sat in her place, biting her bottom lip at the thought, and her sudden outburst...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 11, 2010 9:09 pm

He got the feeling that she was accepting his invitation because he wanted her to, not really because she wanted to be "treated". He understood that, and respected it as well...but it was too late to turn back now. And besides, he just couldnt feel right looking at the big black thing on the side of her face without having at least done something about it. After all, he could have stepped in on that fight as it was happening...but he didnt. Which reminded him of the falcon kick she had recieved after the punch. Another thing to look into, maybe. He followed her, again, to a table and they both sat across from eachother. It was the first time he was able to get a real straight look on her, as all the previous times they were sort of next to eachother, looking out of the sides of their eyes, or in his case anyway, looking at her back. She probably hadnt even gotten a good look at him yet, so maybe no was her chance if she wanted to. Possibly more of a self centered thought than anything, he tossed it aside and forgot he ever thought about it.

It was about that time a woman came up to them, and asked a strange question. Could she get them something? He was about to look in his pack of medical supplies to see if there was anything he was missing, and if he was maybe she could 'get' him that...but Lucy just told her they were sitting. Obviously, he didnt understand, so he just watched. After some convincing, the woman went away after a sudden outburst from Lucy. He didnt really know how necessary it was, but he didnt really think too much on it. He did, however, feel somewhat bad for that lady...so he made a mental note to see her later, if he got the chance. But for now, his focus was on Lucy. Before taking anything out, he studied the bruise, not saying anything, just looking at her. He wasnt thinking about how she might misinterperate and think he was just staring at her, because he was focusing, thinking. Yep...he had what he needed for her, and eventually reached into the leg pouch and extracted the required items. "Hang on, this might sting a little." he said, and began the treatment. There wasnt really anything he could do to make it go away of course, mostly just make it stop hurting, maybe heal a little faster. When he was done, he hoped it had been helpful.

He pulled back away from her once that was done, having to lean across the table to reach her face, and sat back down in the chair. When he did, he felt his bow dig into his back, so promptly removed the sheathed bow and hung it around the back of his chair, as well as the two quivers. That was much better, he felt alot lighter now, and more flexible as well; comfortable. He was a little surprised she hadnt commented on his bow as of yet, but he wasnt looking for her to, so it didnt really matter. A question came to mind then, and having nothing else to talk about...felt free to voice it. "So, where are you heading next? Do you know what your going to do tomorrow?" it was an innocent question, spoken mostly in interest than anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 11, 2010 9:54 pm

. . .

As he took out his supplies, and spoke to her, she redirected her attention to him. He warned the treatment would 'sting a little', but she wasn't even worried about that. Being as tolerant as she was to pain, a small sting would be like nothing, she was sure. When he reached across the table to treat her bruise, they were practically face to face. This time, she was capable of getting a good look at him, specifically his facial features. His complexion was clear and tanned, appearing darker, due to his pure white hair. Opposite of his hair, his eyes appeared dark, but gentle. She studied him as he went to work, barely noticing that he was already done, until he sat back down in his seat. Lucy blinked for a few seconds, adjusting her eyes once more. She just happened to notice his bow, as he casually placed it behind him, so that he might be more comfortable in his chair.

Before she could even find the words to speak, he asked her an innocent question. He seemed curious of where she was headed to, or more importantly, what she had planned tomorrow. She wasn't exactly sure why he was asking such a silly question, but she was even less sure of where she was heading. That was indeed the fact of why she had stayed in Tola for as long as she did, and the gambling of course. Lucy had no idea where her destination was, just had the idea of wandering the land, until something caught her eye, or brought some piece of her memory back. She honestly hoped that the continent of Meika had some clue to her memories, because she didn't really like the idea of crossing the sea. Ever since she had been pulled from the waters, and placed in a stranger's home, she had a fear of the sea itself. She even found it often difficult to drink water, it upset her stomach because of the familiar feel and taste.

Soon enough, she noticed she had left him sitting in silence, still without an answer. Her eyes locked with his, and she finally answered, calmly. "Oh... Me? I'm not so sure... And you?" Her response was completely honest, just without detail. Now, she was to make conversation, and hope for a good turnout...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 pm

They sat there in silence, just sort of staring at eachother, eye to eye. He had asked her a question, and as of yet, she did not appear to have even realized he said anything. He just sat and looked at her for awhile, figuring that perhaps she was formulating an answer, so gave her space in order to do so. When she hadnt said anything for another few moments though, he cocked an eyebrow in a gesture that sort of said "You there?". That action seemed to trigger something in her, as it was then that she gave a reaction and answered back. Looked to him like it was more the sudden change in scenery, his eyebrow, that jolted her back to reality, rather than what the movement meant. The answer was probably as simple as she could have put it, and though she answered calmly, he could somewhat tell that it was a little awkward, at least in that she hadnt thought about it and the sudden thought OF it came as a surprise. He made no indication he had noticed such things, and acted as though she had responded quickly and completely normal. Though he didnt exactly expect the answer to be turned around on him. The period of silence gave him a moment to think about his own answer though, so he was ready to reply quicker than she, even though he didnt really expect to have to speak of his thoughts on it.

"Same for me really. Like I told you before, I only stumbled across this town on accident more than purpose. I dont really have a destination. Hell, I dont even know what the areas around here are called or whats even in them to begin with. I guess you could say I just plan on going where my feet take me, and seeing what happens to be there." he said, speaking casually in a friendly kind of way. And it was true too, he really had no set distination. It was the first time he thought about it really, how much he DIDNT know what he was doing. He was smart though, he'd be able to figure something out eventually. The thought that perhaps, since they were both in the same situation more or less, the two of them could travel together barely even crossed his mind...not because he wouldnt have liked the idea, he would have, but he simply wasnt used to such things and didnt even know doing so was a possibility. He added something to his previous statement, "Looks to me like the both of us are probably heading out to wherever tomorrow. Thats just a guess though, I know now that I dont really have anything to stay here for, but you could..." He blinked a few times and shook his head, going into an appology, "Sorry...I dont know what I'm talking about..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Sat May 15, 2010 12:13 pm

. . .

Her delayed response honestly bothered her, but she tried not to make it known. She hated coming off as distant to people, but in all reality, half the time she was distant. If anything she was sure of herself was her ability to seemingly forget where she was, or more importantly, who she was with, and just zone out. Lucy wasn't exactly fond of this habit of hers, but she couldn't exactly seem to change it either. She had learned to deal with it although, she couldn't be too sure about other people. It looked to her that Dan didn't seem to mind it all too much, even the awkward silence between them most the time. Still, she wanted to change this. Hence, why she had asked him the same question. Not only to keep the conversation going, but because she was curious herself, too.

She wasn't surprised when he made reference to the fact that he didn't know where he was going, especially when he didn't know where he was before. However, wandering without destination seemed to intrigue her a bit. Was this technically the same for her? She had a goal, but even so, she didn't know where she was really going. Lucy was simply looking for any clues to her lost memory, wandering without fixed destination as well. Wherever the wind took her, she followed. It was as simple as that. She never really stopped to think of where she might want to go first, where she might find these clues, because she didn't know. That was the problem, she didn't really know anything about herself. So when she realized Dan was in the same boat, her thoughts began to churn. And the more he spoke, the more she wondered if he was making a proposition that they travel together. This, she wouldn't mind at all. It would certainly make wandering around without direction even more interesting than before, and she might actually have a person she could depend on for once, a real friend. Not one of those shitty aquaitances that befriended you for as long as they felt advantageous, but that friend who stuck with you through thick and thin.

Lucy half smiled, as he tried to say he didn't know what he was talking about. "No, no. Please, continue. I doubt that you don't know what you're talking about." She playfully stuck her tongue out at this, assuring him the conversation wasn't as odd as he thought. In all truth, she was curious as to his exact thoughts. She never really liked making assumptions, or estimations. Unless it had to do with gambling, of course...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Sat May 15, 2010 2:09 pm

He smiled sheepishly in spite of himself at having said what he did, then having it contradicted by her. He really felt like he had been rude, making assumptions about her own thoughts without really thinking about it much. And to him, it basically sounded like he had started rambling, or thinking outloud when he really didnt need to. So, despite her saying that it was okay, his sheepish smile couldnt be avoided. The tongue thing didnt help much either anyway. Though he still didnt feel reassured, he decided to go on anyway...she urged him to anyway. He cleared his throat before going on, "Well...I dont have any reason to stay here. I dont need a pit stop anyway, as you say this town is basically for, as I got enough supplies to keep going until the next town or whatever. I just thought that, you know, since your basically a 'wanderer' too, you'd probably be leaving soon too. But of course, I wouldnt know if theres still things you have to do here..." He paused here...as if thinking about what he would be saying next, or maybe trying to find something to say in the first place. He took a moment then began speaking again, "I dont really know, I'm just kind of thinking about whats going happen next. I do that frequently, dont really bother worrying about whats going on now. I was also curious about what you might be doing, since your in the same position as me. Know what I mean?"

He was done speaking for the time being, hoping that what he had said was enough to satisfy her, it was certainly enough for him. Maybe she'd answer positively, or maybe she would be a little disturbed, though he doubted that. Just like him to consider all the options though. At least it kept him brain busy for the most part. Better to be thinking about something than appearing completely brain dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 18, 2010 4:13 pm

. . .

She listened attentively as he went about continuing where he hadn’t yet finished. Her body was placed in her seat comfortably, still, like a doll. The only movements made, on her part was the occasional crossing of her legs, or twiddling of her thumbs. It was a habit of hers, along with biting down on her lip, or rubbing her head. She did this out of nervousness, or thought. For as long as she could remember, she had always had trouble keeping herself from doing so. And she knew that in the current situation, she probably wasn’t making Dan feel any better. So she struggled to keep these persistent gestures to a minimum, and tried her best to comprehend his exact words.

Lucy was a bit surprised when he said he had plenty of supplies, and was ready to leave as soon as possible. For one who seemed to clumsily stumble into unknown towns, he seemed to be quite prepared. Nonetheless, his words intrigued her. As he continued to state that he had no business in Tola, their current place of rest, he would likely be heading out of town soon. However, he seemed to be curious of whether or not she still had some unfinished business. As her thoughts churned, her fingers began to lightly tap on the table. This suggested that he was definitely considering traveling together, but didn’t exactly share his ideas that way, or otherwise make the proposition seemingly awkward. In all honesty, there was no reason why she shouldn’t travel with him. For one, she owed him for saving her ass, practically twice in one night. And the thought of having someone as company in her journey was a little encouraging, too. She wouldn’t admit it, but she missed having someone around. The long days without her adopted family seemed so odd to her, and she half wondered if this man would bring back that familiarity, and put her at ease.

Her fingertips stopped on the surface of the table, and her thinking ceased as his statement came to a closing. She would make her decision on a whim, and hope for the best. "You are proposing we travel together, no?" Her voice was clear, gentle, and steady. Although she was unsure of her own words, she hoped her interpretation was correct…

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Tue May 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Throughout the second part of his mini-speech, he noticed the way she seemed to fidget, though only slightly. Watching her do it, he noticed the way the actions she made seemed undeniable, as though it was just natural for her to do so. He hadnt met someone like that before...then again she was one of the very few people he had ever taken the time to sit down and talk with face to face; most people he was just passing by. He also noticed the way she was trying to contain herself as she did it, most likely feeling that by doing so SHE was acting somewhat rude, or perhaps appearing uninterested in what he was talking about. He took this to mind and decided not to really give any meaning to whatever movements she made with her hands or feet. Though he did have to notice she was moving quite a bit in the actually short time it took him to speak. Either way, he just kept on going as if never even noticing what she was doing.

There was another small period of silence once he finished, silent except for the small movement she was making of tapping the table with her fingers. He figured this meant that she was thinking, so he let her have her moment and was silent himself as he waited for a response. He honestly had to wonder what she was thinking about. He thought that maybe she was actually wondering what it was she planned on doing, maybe she hadnt thought about it like he had...if you could say he had. That side of him that had been away from humanity for so long kept him away from figuring what she was really thinking about, basically having him think at a completely different location, while at the same time...that tiny yet natural human need for companionship had him subtly hoping that maybe they could travel together, though he didnt even realize he wanted to yet.

It appeared as though his own thoughts were subtly going in beat with the tapping sounds Lucy was making with her fingers, so when she suddenly stopped, all his own thoughts scrambled for a moment, then disappeared, allowing him to look back at her with more attention, as it appeared as though she was getting ready to say something. She did, and it threw him off. He didnt do anything to really show this, just continued to look at her, probably appearing to be in thought. What he was actually doing was, in his own way of course, asking her for advice on what HE should do next. Basically asking her what she planned on doing, and using that as a sort of example, or a precedent perhaps. What she suggested he was suggesting was a whole new idea entirely, though it sounded quite good. He didnt want to appear anymore clueless than he already was, so he decided to roll with the punches and act as though thats what he WAS inferring all along, and answered her accordingly. "Well...would you like to?" He said it slow and casual, but also in a kind of friendly way, to keep her feeling comfortable rather than obliged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Wed May 19, 2010 5:19 pm

. . .

Her hand slid from the table to prop her head, holding her right cheek. She must have been getting tired, because her eyes began to get heavy as well. Still, she managed to keep all her attention to their limited conversation. The idea of traveling was a bit exciting itself, seeing the world and all. Lucy also couldn’t deny that despite how much she wanted to unravel her lost memories, she knew they wouldn’t come so easy. Having someone along the way, enjoying the scenery as they passed, that would be the ideal way to continue her journey. If she kept too focused on one thing, she would soon lose interest in everything else, and only suffer discouragement when she failed to reveal clues to her past. There was nothing negative she could find regarding the proposition, and she had more than enough fortune to support the both of them, money and luck. Besides, even if they ran out of cash, she could easily win some.

All this thinking, time seemed to pass quickly. She caught his words as they hung from his lips, her eyes tracing his movements. Lucy had managed to pull her other hand in the same position as the last while she was thinking, both hands now practically cupping her chin. She just stared at him as he spoke, unsure of his own words, and her thoughts. Although there were no problems in traveling she could find so far, she wondered if they would grow uncomfortable with each other, or worse, close, then irritated in each other’s presence. Their whole friendship, which hadn’t even begun yet, was passing through her mind, predicting every event, tragedy, and joyous moment. "Would I like to..?" Her voice was clear, confident. Although this was more spoken to herself, it was audible for his ears as well. "It’s more up to you, honestly. Whether or not you tag along with me is your choice. I mean, for all you know, I could lead you into an endless pit or something." She wasn’t being serious about leading him to despair of course, but she was making a point. Lucy didn’t have any idea of direction either, no real destination, just hope…

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Thu May 20, 2010 4:48 pm

In the midst of his thinking process and as he was beginning to speak, he leaned forward in his chair to place both arms on the table, crossing eachother in a crossed like position in front of his chest, leaning his weight on them in this change of sitting. It was more comfortable for him than his previous one, which was leaning back completely on the back of the chair, keeping his own back pretty much straight. The bow dug into him a little, despite being hung up on the chair, and his back itself was getting a little tired, so the forward motion gave him some relief. He could tell that she was thinking again, briefly as it may have been, as it didnt take her too long to answer back. She had a look on her face, one he couldnt really read, but wondered if it had anything to do with what she was thinking. It was a strange one, as he couldnt really tell if it was worried or maybe hopeful...Well, whatever kind of a look it was, he didnt really think what she said was a direct reflection of what she was thinking previously.

He sighed after she got finished speaking, a kind of thoughtful sigh. He had hoped she wouldnt answer like that, for he had hoped she would make the decision up for him. He hadnt even thought about the idea yet, and somehow he figured she had, so it meant he'd have to think about it. He couldnt deny it sounded like it would be a fun experience, but he also wondered if it might be an annoyance. As he thought about that specifically, his eyes drifted away from empty space and focused on her again, and it didnt take him very long to figure she wouldnt. Besides company what was she? A stomach to feed, maybe someone to look after. Neither which were problems for him. He could find food in his sleep, and he felt confident that he could look after her easily enough, if she would even need such to begin with. She seemed capable...at least when not surrounded by a bunch of thugs in a bar. He hummed thoughtfully before opening his mouth to speak.

"Hmmmmmm...well, after much intense consideration..." he was obviously playing around with her, showed by the slight grin that was back on his face, ""I believe that the path to a bottomless pit would be more interesting and enjoyable with you around."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Thu May 20, 2010 5:55 pm

. . .

In their silence, she managed to lean back in her chair, just barely balancing on its back legs. This was comfortable for her, and she wouldn’t have to awkwardly stare at Dan as he thought. No pressure, not for either of them. She could do her thinking without having to worry about a change of expression, or making her new friend uncomfortable. It was all in good company, and she made sure to glance at him every once in awhile, to make sure he knew she was listening. Although in all honesty, her mind was wandering; back to the Albanes, where she called home, to the labyrinth of glowing roses without a care in the world, to being pulled from the all consuming black waters. And with that last thought, she blinked back to her safe haven, back to reality.

He hummed before he finally spoke, and with a smile at that. His words were amusing, causing her to inevitably laugh out loud. Despite her discouraging words, though playful, he just played along. This made her smile, and she knew she had no doubts about this man. He would indeed be enjoyable company, and better, he didn’t seem bothered by her either. Lucy seemed to intimidate strangers with her strange attitude, and boyish tendencies. They weren’t sure exactly what to think of her, she was so different from other female Humans. But Dan didn’t seem to mind, and even seemed welcoming. Thinking back to the bar and his selflessness, he was an undeniably good person, inside and out. And she knew he had a pure heart, something you couldn’t find often. Often considering herself trouble, he was a saint to her. Saint Dan, she thought to herself with a giggle.

Lucy pulled her chair forward, sitting straight now, and looking straight at him. "Then it’s settled, looks like we’re traveling partners." Her smile widened a little more as she said this, having been tempted to say 'partners in crime' instead. But she hid her real thoughts with her innocent smile, and half heartedly laugh. With a good guy on her team, things would seem more balanced now…

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Mon May 24, 2010 6:39 pm

The laugh Lucy gave him in return made Dan smile, letting him know that his answer turned joke was not denied, but rather accepted as good humor. It made him feel better about himself, maybe not so out of sync with regular people. His smile was disguised as a grin which suggested he was laughing at his own joke as she was, while not actually opening his mouth. His thoughts of relief were successfully tucked away, relief in that her laugh probably meant yes. The longer the issue had come to mind, the more he found the idea of traveling together appealing, and the more he wanted to do so. In the beginning, if she had immediatly blown him off, he probably would have just nodded and said 'alright', minced a few more words, and gone to bed. But now, if she were to finally say no after so much anticipation, he probably wouldnt take it too well on the inside, though would remain as polite as possible, appearing still as though it didn't bother him as much as it did.

A few more moments followed which included another small moment of general silence as she appeared to think, another laugh (this time in the form of a giggle) probably created from those thoughts, and Lucy laying her chair down on the ground again. He was actually thrown off by that for a moment, as he hadnt thought about her sitting position as abnormal, so when she suddenly flew to the ground, his eyes widened in a type of 'Woa, what?" look, despite having seen her that way before already. This look passed rather quickly as she spoke, crisp and professional, acting more like they were making a business deal, though her own smile showed how friendly it really was, which he reflected. "Great, pleased to be able to accompany you." he said, extending his arm for a handshake, one of the human gestures he actually DID know.

When she had taken his hand, he planned on standing up and stretching. After which, he would look back at her and say "So, traveling partner, what shall it be for the remainder of the night? Sleep, or might you have something in mind?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Sun May 30, 2010 12:38 pm

. . .

What was just like a surprise to her, he was seemingly enthusiastic about the idea. As first appearances go, he seemed like the calm and composed type. However, this was proven wrong as she realized he laughed, and that he indeed smiled. He was a gentle person, and friendly at that. He extended his hand, a gesture she wasn't too familiar with. Lucy just adjusted her eyes on his hand, unsure of what was expected of her. This was something she hadn't yet experienced since she began her new life here, through those five years she did remember. She wondered what the gesture meant, or if it was even a gesture, or whether or not she was even expected to act on it. This made her feel a bit awkward, and despite that she didn't want to show this, her face began to flush slightly. Confused and embarrassed, she held her breath, and mimicked his gesture. Her hand suspended there, as if awaiting some reaction out of him. And as she was so focused on her own suspense, she just stared blankly at both of their hands, forgetting for a moment what else had escaped his lips.

Her ears rang as she comprehended the flow of his words, a simple question, that she still gave so much thought. 'What shall we do..?' It was the dead of night, and other than them, the rest of the cozy port town was sleeping. What could they possibly do? Maybe it was time they find rest as well. It was a basic thought, a predictable idea. But that was something Lucy just was not - predictable. With her free hand, she tucked her loose hair behind her left ear, and hummed to herself in the lightest of manners. This man, though she had only met moments ago, she knew well. From what was given, she could read him like a book, or so she thought. He wouldn't have any real idea of what he wanted to do, hence why he asked her thoughts. And because he had no plans, he would accept any proposition she might throw at him. This man, she could tell was passive. He reminded her so much of the wind - forever flowing, but changing, gentle, nimble. With this thought, she wondered. 'Where would the wind go?' A light sigh released itself from her chest, as her attention drew to the window.

That wind, regarding where they were, was the ocean breeze. And now she knew, she wanted to experience the beach. Maybe not the water, but she would gladly sit on the shore and listen to the waves as they tumbled over each other, the seagulls' cry, like a song so crisp to her ears. Her eyes closed as the image seemed to become surreal, and only opened to glance back at Dan. "We will visit the beach, the shore of ever changing tides. How does that sound to you?" Her head cocked slightly to the side, a crooked smile pursing upon her own lips...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   

Back to top Go down
 
How Far - [Open]
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» To Pour Salt Into An Open Wound...
» The Shivering Isles (Open To All!)
» Enemies Brought Together As One(Open, Pick N Play)
» Yoruyounaka Kaizokudan: Unknown Winter Island (open to anyone)
» The Vacation (Open Rp)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Sky :: Aleha :: Meika :: Adilet :: Tola-
Jump to: