HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «


Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris


One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011


Share | 
 

 How Far - [Open]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Mon May 31, 2010 1:16 pm

He looked at her looking at his hand, well, more like staring really. She seemed confused by it, as if trying to comprehend what it meant, what was expected of her. He could tell the confusion frustrated her, and possibly embarrassed her, though he could tell mostly by the way her cheeks turned red slightly. He tilted his head to the side, a little surprised. For once, he had known something that she didnt. Then again, were it not for that blacksmith back in the town, he wouldnt know what it was either. In truth he still didnt really grasp what it was completely, just that it was something people did in situations like these.

She mimicked his gesture and just left her hand there, still staring, focusing on her own actions and whether or not she was acting correctly. It almost caused him to laugh, but he knew better and simply stood up like he had planned. After doing so, he extended his arms above his head in a stretching motion, bringing them slowly back down to his sides. It was in the middle of this motion that she spoke again. The sudden sound made him pause mid-stretch, and look down at her a little curiously. The way she said it made it sound like a demand, or a command, but he could tell it was still a suggestion. Though also told by the way she said it, it was something she really wanted to do. The beach wasnt something he had had in mind, but then again, he didnt have anything in mind. He wasnt exactly educated enough to make his own decisions just yet, which he was okay with. He didnt mind doing what others would have him do, as long as he liked the idea anyway.

He continued and finished his stretch after looking at her, shook his head, and looked at her, being greeted by her crooked smile. He smiled back and nodded his head "Sure, sounds fine. Its been awhile since I've seen water." he said casually, walking over to the inn door once he was finished. He held it open in waiting for her to exit, as he didnt even know where the beach supposedly was. Just like he had basically been doing all night, he would follow her wherever it was she was taking him. And he was okay with that, because he trusted her. Despite her own cluelessness about certain things, he was sure he could learn a thing or two from her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 pm

. . .

Her smile became more bright as he seemed interested in the idea of visiting water. Although the idea of water wasn't why she wanted to visit the beach, she tried to push the though aside, and bring back her own images. She just liked the sounds, the waves, the animals in flight, and the sand between her fingers. With that thought alone, she longed for the coastline. And as he rose from his seat, opening the door for her, she eagerly followed along. Strange how when she was the one to make the suggestion, she still followed him around. She had always thought of herself as a leader, and one who went against the flow. But she seemed to follow him like a duckling following its mother, like she'd been following him her whole life. Strange, but comfortable.

Their footsteps could be heard as clear as a bell, as they walked through the sleeping town of Tola. If they continued down this path, they would be sure to reach the beach sooner or later. The real question, was all of the town sleeping? She didn't know this for sure, but she hoped they wouldn't be bothered. Lucy had her fair share of encounters for the night, and was looking just to relax in tranquility now. She was silent as she walked beside him now, not having much to say, just thinking to herself. She really hoped nature would welcome them in peace, though the sky seemed to tell another story. There were clouds, ever passing through the sky, sheilding the twilight of the stars above. This bothered her, but she knew it wouldn't storm. If anything, it might sprinkle a few raindrops here and there. Maybe it was so bothersome because she found the night sky calming, and without the stars' light, it just seemed dark and unwelcoming. Despite these discouraging thoughts, she kept to her original intentions, as the finally reached the boardwalk to the beach.

Sand found itself between her toes, as she was wearing open shoes. And strangely enough, this didn't bother her one bit. She could taste the ocean, through the salty air. Just as thought, seagulls were flying about, some hopping around, scavenging for leftovers on the shores. All was so quiet, except for the waves, and the distant sound of thunder. A sigh of pleasure escaped her, as she walked to the waters' edge. There she stood, letting the waves pull at her feet ever so gently...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Leading the two of them was something it appeared he was destined to do, which was more fitting considering he was older. He wasnt one to think that he should always be the leader, but then again he had never had anyone to even lead in the first place. He was still in a position where it was wisest to just go along with everything, so he allowed himself to lead them towards the beach. Strangly enough, he knew where to go just about, for he had this feeling that guided him in that general direction. He couldnt make it out, perhaps because he was still rather far from the water itself. He followed that feeling nonetheless, not even thinking about how quite it was around them, save for the sounds of their own footsteps. Not a light was on in a house, and not a sound was heard inside of them. To him personally, this seemed more natural, so he didnt think of it. If there was a house with just one light on, he would look at it and be confused for a few moments, finding it UNnatural. But this was not the case, so he could follow that feeling towards the beach without distraction.

They arrived without saying anything, though the trip was pretty short so the silence didnt grow to become awkward. He stopped halfway down the beach, but she kept going, and he could tell she was enjoying something besides the water itself. He was still wearing boots so he could only feel the sink of his feet in the sand with every step, though he wasnt set off balance from it. Instead he adjusted quickly, and before long it felt as normal as regular earth beneath him. That feeling inside of him had grown and was becoming recognizeable, but for now he looked up at the sky. Dark and cloudy, it looked almost ominous, and he found himself missing the regular stars that dotted the sky. It made him frown, but only slightly. He pulled his gaze away and looked back at Lucy, who was now at the waters edge, looking quite relax, which turned that small frown upside down.

He took a few steps closer, intent to join her beside the water, but he stopped suddenly. The feeling in his stomach had become even more recognizeable...unease. This atmosphere, it was setting him off, telling him he shouldnt be out here or something of that sort. He couldnt guess it was the beach itself, so he assumed it was the water. It didnt so easily want him to be there, which was setting off an internal reaction which would instinctively cause him to turn away, but he was intent to stay, at least for Lucy's sake. He composed himself as best he could, and continued the path up next to her, stopping as he was right next to her. He was silent for only a few more short moments, looking at the sky again. He did speak, but without looking at her. "Seems a little foreboding out here without the stars, doesnt it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:10 pm

. . .

Naturally, a clear mind didn't last long for her, being as observative as she was. She could hear his footsteps, sinking in the sand. He was beside her now, and she smiled just a little bit more. It was nice, to just relax for once. It was nice, not to suspect every footstep was of a person out to get her. It was nice, to have a friend. And as he spoke, she crouched, holding her knees for balance. She peered into the water, observing the small fish as they were carried with the waves. She couldn't help but compare herself to the fish, being carried to a world she didn't know, and swept to a frow, like the memories she had, and didn't have. Lucy frowned at all the broken seashells, as if pieces of her memory lied scattered before her. She carefully reached in front of her, picking up these chipped and split shells. Her fingers carresed the creases so gently, as if such a tender touch would mend them. The smooth surface of the interior was pleasant, and she couldn't help but find the rough exterior just as interested. She was so caught up in her strange reality, she barely caught what Dan had said.

The shells fell from her hands, back to whence they came, as she stood. Realizing his words, she looked back to the sky once more. It surprised her that those clouds bothered him just as much as they did her, and she made note that maybe they were more alike than she had originally thought. The more time she spent with this man, the more interesting things seemed to get. She sighed, a mix of emotions. "It is a shame. The stars are so familiar, always the same, no matter where you go. They only change position, but I always find that one." As she said this, she pointed in the direction of the star to which she was referring - Polaris, the North Star. That was her favorite, because it was the only one she could remember. And instead of being disappointed that she couldn't remember the rest, she smiled at the one she did know. Maybe this was her way of coping, but it kept her from going insane.

Her eyes lit up, and her mouth began to gape. A light shot across the sky, right before them. She had never seen such a thing before, and wasn't sure how to react. Without thinking, she shouted. "What was that!?" Her eyes grew wide, as she covered her mouth. Not only because she came to realization that she was being loud, when all else was sleeping, but because she wasn't sure whether or not to be afraid...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:30 pm

He noticed but didnt really care to awknowledge the way she bent down towards the ground, apparently picking up whatever it was she had noticed in the ground. He spoke without really realizing that maybe she was focused on those things, which he would have otherwise not have done, finding such rude. So he spoke, and actually noticed the way she dropped the shell fragments from her hands before answering. He mentally chastised himself for interrupting whatever it was she was finding interesting, but didnt appear to make a reaction, at least not until after she spoke. To which he nodded in agreement, finding her words very truthful. He always sought refuge in the starry sky whenever he began to doubt himself and his journey. So calm and beautiful, it seemed to inspire him to press on. He felt a connection with the night sky, but not the kind of connection he felt with the earth itself. With further insight, he assumed that perhaps the earth itself had a connection with the sky, which led to him feeling a sort of lesser secondary connection. It made him feel happy nonetheless. So obviously its absence left him feeling somewhat lacking.

He was caught up in this when she pointed up to the dark clouded sky, though still able to catch it so followed her finger. It took him a minute but he was able to realize she was referring to Polaris. He didnt smile, but instead hummed thoughtfully for a moment. That one star did seem to hold importance, though he could never exactly place what kind on it.He was always able to pick it out though, as it was somewhat obvious, at least to him. The beachside visit had left him in a somewhat cold state, as he wasnt smiling and feeling as loose as usual, but was instead falling into the kind of serious attitude he got on occasion. He continued to look up at the sky when suddenly there was a flashing light, which caused his eyes to widen a little.

She had asked the same thing he was wondering. What on earth was that just then? He honestly couldnt place it, for he never knew names for such things. Oh he had seen them plenty of times before, but had never really wondered what they were, or if they meant anything. To him though, they looked like stars suddenly moving from their current location to another, but extremely fast, and out of sight. So he proposed this theory to her, suggesting such. He claimed that it was just a guess though, and that he was only speaking out of what he had observed. He wondered what she would think of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:54 pm

. . .

She hummed nervously to herself, even beginning to pace along the shoreline a little. What she had witnessed puzzled her, and so scared her just a bit. She was soon put to ease, as Dan proposed what he thought it was. This caused her to stop in her tracks, and stare at the sky again, this time in deep thought. Maybe he was right, and there was really nothing to be afraid of afterall. And so she took a deep breath, and exhaled, as if releasing her uneasiness altogether. She turned her attention to him this time, tilting her head a moment. He was always so calm, and sure of his thoughts, and she could tell that they were more logical than her own. This made her feel no doubt in his words, even if he didn't entirely know for himself. She felt safe, so to say. Even in this world she knew so little about, she felt safe.

It was clearly late, this she had already known. They had met this night, they had departed for their current location in the still night, and now they stood, in near pitch black. Their eyes were adjusted to the lack of light, of course. But she felt that maybe it was best they put their small adventures to an end, at least just for the night. "We should probably go back to the inn now." She also knew that if someone were to come across them, for whatever reason they might be out in the middle of the night, they would attract attention, and likely receive strange looks. This thought didn't bother her, but the thought that maybe they weren't all too friendly, or otherwise drunk made her feel quite uneasy. She could fend for herself on a normal day, but she had already gotten into an unintentional fight, and she was truthfully getting tired as the night seemed to play out.

Contradictory to her words, she walked up to the boardwalk, and before taking a step on the jagged wood, sat on a large rock at its entrance. She just stared off into the distance, completely silent, and still. It was as if she was waiting for Dan to actually speak his opinion of her words, and lead them 'home'. And at the single thought of that word, her eyes dropped their attention to the ground below. Where exactly was home? She wondered if she would ever know...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:18 pm

A sigh escaped his lips not too long after he had finished voicing his own suggestion about the strange light in the sky. It was caused by that feeling he was getting in his stomach even now, and the dark sky. Instead of allowing the moon to cast its pale light down on the earth, it was instead covered in shadow. Not much of the land and those on it appreciated such darkness, and it almost seemed ominous. In a sense, he was at an unease not just because of the water, but also because the earth was from the lack of any light. He felt tense now in all honesty, but he tried not to show it, to let Lucy think he was still feeling same old, as he had been throughout the long and increasingly interesting night. He suddenly found himself blinking, for his eyes were beginning to hurt...perhaps he was more tired than he realize he would be. After all, he had been awake longer tonight than he had been in a very long time. He followed his own curfew quite well.

Despite this, he was out here for Lucy rather than himself, so no matter how he felt, he would not make a suggestion one way or another until she asked him to. Right now, she was the boss as far as where they would be for the next while, and he was just fine with that. Though, as if reading his thoughts, she made a suggestion to go back to the inn for the night, to finally get some sleep. Despite all these reasons to leave, he did actually take a moment to consider whether or not he was ready to leave just yet, if he truly and personally felt like leaving. In the end, he figured it was time to leave, if he really wanted to, he could just come back to this spot tomorrow before they left, if tomorrow was to be their day of leaving.
His head looked to his left suddenly, hearing sudden movement from Lucy as she walked towards a rock and sat on it, taking a sitting position as if awaiting his response to her suggestion. Looking at her, she did seem quite at peace out here in all this, something he couldnt say about himself.

Looking at her, he remembered how all this time what he mostly wanted to do was sit down on the beach and just look up...though he never really did. It made him realize how weak his legs were getting from standing on them for so long. "If your ready." he said calmly, turning his back to face the direction of the town, yet looking over his shoulder still to see her, waiting for her to either start moving to him, or say she wasnt ready just yet. If she came over to him, he would lead them back to the inn, though from there he would need some help for he neither knew how exactly an inn worked, or where his room even was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:38 pm

. . .

His pace was slow, but sure. He seemed ready to leave, tired. She could feel her eyes growing heavier by the second, and she knew now that if she didn't leave, she would likely fall asleep on the rock she was sitting upon. So she pryed her legs from their stiff position, and walked to his side, giving him a slight nod. This was her way of saying she was ready to go, wherever the path might take them the rest of this night. For once, she hoped it led her to a warm bed. She was definitely ready to call it a night, and she had trouble hiding this. Regardless, she strode past him, her distant a constant few steps in front of him. She already knew he might have trouble leading them back to the inn, so she took it upon herself to give a little bit of guidance. This wasn't a problem at all for her, she had already memorized this path, and didn't even have to look in front of her. In fact, she didn't. Her eyes were still focused all the ground, as she walked. She didn't do this with the intention of seeming upset of any matter, just didn't think to watch in front of her.

She still remained silent, not only because she didn't have anything to say, but they were approaching town again. Lucy knew that as the dusk would soon turn to dawn, people were likely more aware of their surroundings even in their unconcsious state, and might hear them simply walking. She needn't speak, if it were to only cause ruckus. There was nothing to say, anyways. So she kept to it, and lead them straight the inn door. This time, she held the door for him. The innkeeper welcomed them back, sleepily, sliding the keys to their rooms across the counter. She didn't ask which was whose, she knew not one room was better than the other. Without thought, she slipped one of the keys into her hand. Only now did she turn around to look at him, her eyes meeting his, instead of the ground. She wasn't exactly sure how to end this scenario, so she twiddled the key in her hands a bit, as she thought to heself.

Lucy let out a small sigh, and smiled sheepishly. She looked to the remaining key, then to him again. "Well... Goodnight, then." This was all she could come up with, but it was enough. She bowed her head, and departed for the stairs in search of her room on the second floor...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How Far - [Open]   

Back to top Go down
 
How Far - [Open]
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» To Pour Salt Into An Open Wound...
» The Shivering Isles (Open To All!)
» Enemies Brought Together As One(Open, Pick N Play)
» Yoruyounaka Kaizokudan: Unknown Winter Island (open to anyone)
» The Vacation (Open Rp)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Sky :: Aleha :: Meika :: Adilet :: Tola-
Jump to: