HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «


Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris


One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011


Share | 
 

 The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Takuma
Aspiring Member
avatar

Posts : 33
Location : Searching for the Real Folk Blues.

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Conjurer
Title: Summoner

PostSubject: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:40 am

[OOC: This thread takes place within the village of Vilis and the surrounding Theas forest, specifically the stone ruins of an abandoned fort or castle, and the prison complex below it. Monsters are NPC'd by Avarice, plot characters NPC'd by myself.]

The town of Vilis wasn't much of a retreat for nobility or even tourists visiting new lands. Vilis thrived in the most northern chunk of the Theas forest, one of the major supplies of silk for the nearby cities, located conveniently close to the port city of Tola. A farm community, the dirt streets were worn and the air smelled of smoke and horse everywhere but the homes housed in the canopy above. Most of the markets were spaced along a single street that connected to the center of town, an avenue of Inns and Specialty shops on the opposing end, with a ring of hovels and merchant stalls all jealously hugging the space that remained on the smaller side-streets, crunched in-between the trees that towered above.

It was morning, soon to be approaching noon. Even the main streets were fairly calm, holding no more than a dozen people busily moving from one end of the road to another, disappearing into establishments or side-alleys on their way to accomplish daily errands. With the cold wind chilling the air, most made it a point to shorten their time out in the wind. A typical autumn day, but gloomy. The steely-hued curtain of clouds sank low over the land, blocking out the majority of the sunlight and leaving the land shadowed in a drab grey. There was wind, a cool breeze with the feel of moisture. It would likely rain by the end of the day, a bitter-cold night was impending.

A delightfully plump woman hurried down the street from the center of town, passing by an Inn, carrying a covered tin of flour. Most knew her as Toma. She was dressed in nothing more than a brown apron and dirty white shirt and black slacks, all discolored with a mixture of white, brown and black from the woman's business as a humble baker; Toma's merchant stall was setup on the edge of town, in front of her home, perfect for catching the travelers that entered or exited Vilis, heading to and from trade roads that connected to Kreine. As she turned behind the simple wood counter that was lined with freshly baked bread, Toma looked past the younger niece whom had been overlooking the stall while she was away, looking past...

At the man stumbling into town, dressed in nothing more than a blue shirt and pale grey pants. He looked to be middle-aged, bald over most of his head but the back and sides, thin black hair. His face and hands were covered with a mixture of dirt and blood. A knife-sheath hung empty at his belt, leather vambraces upon his arms, but there appeared to be no more signs of armor or any weaponry. The clothing was cut and frayed, discolored with large amounts of what was unmistakeably blood. The man showed only a few wounds, not nearly enough to account for the amount that stained his clothes. As soon as Toma had locked eyes with the stumbling man, he quickly began rushing towards her stall, gibbering half-coherently, his voice escalating into that of a fervent scream. "Theydidn'tknow. Wedidn'tknow... n-n-not at all-I ran, ran 'n scraped... an- an' I made-"

Toma hadn't been the only one to notice the twitching nutcase- Neall, one of the blacksmiths and farriers within the town, not to mention a mountain of a man, had quickly deserted the task of shoeing a horse across the street to intervene and yank the gibbering idiot away from the stall; The younger niece had became frightened quite quickly from the appearance and display of the man. Neall wasn't any authority within the town, but he only resorted to being a thug when the situation permitted- this certainly fit the circumstances. Not to mention, his arms were thick enough to look as if he was smuggling cantaloupe fruits underneath the skin of his biceps, and not many were in a position to tell Neall "No".

The slaver immediately began to release small shrieks of speech, the screams and words within becoming indistinguishable as the blacksmith grumbled under his breath while busily hauling the man away from the stall and to a bench that rested against the 'Silk Road' Inn. A fancy establishment, known locally for it's overpriced food but fair bargain for a place to sleep with one's head out of the mud. And with that, Neall gave the paranoid man a relatively gentle shove towards the bench. The man immediately moved to raise again, but Neall's hand closed about the Slaver's shoulder and forced him to return to a sitting position on the bench. Neall only turned his attention away from the man for a moment, yelling to his apprentice. "Git Maibel, now." The young man maneuvered about the tethered horse before sprinting out of the blacksmith and towards the opposing end of the village, off to fetch a healer whom stayed within Vilis.

"Wot in the hell happened to yer arse, er, ...Sir?"

---

Somewhere deep beneath the Theas forest...

Scraping around in the darkness, it felt like bugs crawled over every inch of his flesh. No matter how many times he stopped and felt his face, his chest, and arms, there were never any bugs. Still, the moment he began to move again, it returned. Teeth clenched together, clattering quietly in the chilling prison cell. He was not locked in, but it was currently the safest place to hide, curled up within the corner, hidden by the impenetrable black. The spirits, those- abominations- that had come through... he hadn't been able to count their number, so focused on fleeing before one of them turned upon him. His thoughts constantly, blurrily swayed to the stinging of the fresh tattoo upon his arm. The look upon the man's face, of utter surprise, when he'd taken control of the revenant, and the screams of horror that had followed... The image of a heavy claymore blurring down towards the same man, impacting and shattering the rib cage, pulping organs and sending a cascade of limbs and organic bits sliding along the floor; The last electric signals reached the nerve-endings and caused fingers and toes of the mangled limbs to twitch and move of their own accord. The screams and then the sudden silences from each of them...

Takuma tore his thoughts away from the fresh memories, realizing his breathing was quickly picking up from the stress. Hands shook uncontrollably in the pitch black. He didn't want to be heard. One could be right outside, it would do to him what it had done to the others. Resting against the dry stone wall, the child quietly calmed himself by taking account of his situation. He was stranded somewhere underground, it was dark, but he remembered running by a few lit torches. The layout of the place had been complex, he'd tried to remember his way when he was being forced down the spiraling stairs. A left, down the right flight of steps, another right down a long hallway, then more stairs, and he couldn't remember anymore. It had all blurred together, his fatigued mind unable to keep up with it all. The basic structure was simple enough to remember. Many prison cells towards the surface, a staircase that lead down deeper into a relatively large hallway, branching off into three wings. One had been the ritual chamber, the northern wing, a fairly large room with tough stone pillars and a few desks shoved against the wall, likely having once been something of an office for the jail clerks.

The western wing, he'd only ever walked past it and into the opposing wing. The walls looked dreary, and the many cobwebs that clung to the ceiling spoke of long abandonment. And the final, eastern wing, the one Takuma had chosen to hide within housed more prison cells, many of them being heavy metal doors with a barred-viewing pane in the upper-half of the door. The cells were smaller than those above, likely for only holding one prisoner at a time. It would be easy to find the surface, if there weren't so many intersecting hallways leading to different cell-blocks. Takuma had no way to truly know how far down below the surface he was.

He didn't have much besides his flesh, some pants offering some protection against the cold, but woefully missing his shirt. His necklace, his stave, and all the rest of his belongings had been taken when he was captured, likely waiting at the surface on the Slavers' carts. He was tired, weary from a lack of food and drink, not to mention the task of enslaving that... elemental specter. He hardly knew what to call it now. He could feel it's presence in his head, but did not know if it could speak. It was silent, but it could very much be felt, an entity that kept the hairs on the back of his neck standing up.

This was the first time Takuma had ever pondered which was worse: Being alone in the dark... or not being alone in the dark. A small tremor vibrated through the stone of the prison, putting the child's nerves on edge for a few moments, before quieting. Takuma raised his dirty hands to his head for a moment, brushing away cobwebs and trying to gather what willpower he had left. He couldn't stay here, otherwise he'd be buried alive, he had to try and find a way to the surface...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avarice.
Game Master
avatar

Posts : 352
Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.
Location : Serenity

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:48 am

The darkfriends looked down at their fallen brother. The two of them glanced back and forth at each other. "This is not going to our Lord Masters plan." A third said, standing almost a head taller then the other two. The two shivered and squealed a little. "Yes. We-we don't understand how this happened." The third one stood shrouded in shadows and it growled a low noise. "Yes-yes we will find who did this-- please, be merciful." The taller one's eyes opened, its eyes blood red and the only thing you could see from the darkfriends location. The two wizards scampered away. "Little brat. We're coming to get you." one said. As they began to move down the corridors. Their eyes probing for any disturbance.

They were clothed in deep maroon cloaks that covered their heads, and held torches mystically above their heads, so that both hands were free. Their fingers twitched as they looked into rooms, literally feeling everything inside the room in a second or two if there was nothing they passed by, if there was something they would enter. So far, there was nothing and they continued towards the west Wing. Fangs craving for a taste of revenge and pleasure.

. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mornefindon
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:15 pm

It was sunny, yes, very, quite sunny indeed. And oh, early as well. Too early. Why exactly was he up again? Right then. He wasn't even at home. The dingy little office he called his home. Did the sun really have to cast its shine so bright? Dark hands went up to fix the hat upon his head, shielding his eyes from any direct sunlight glaring into them. Said hands always slide down to adjust his jacket - was he a bit messier than usual? He honestly couldn't tell - one would have to look in a mirror once in a while to do so.

Reaching his hands down to his sides, he opened up his right hand a bit, letting the walking stick drop down from where he was holding it as he exited the house he had just been in. Catching the walking stick with his right hand, he placed the foot down on the ground, and continued walking towards the road.

Where's that blasted girl? She said she would be here ahead of me. Run off to shop, more like it. 15, 16, 17. 17 dark red leaves. What did the humans call this season again? Fall, autumn? Either or works, if I'm right.

Marik walked along the dirt road, ready to find some shelter from the high noon sun. It was always when the sun shone its brightest - did it have to do that every day? What he wouldn't give for a few clouds. Ah, majesty! Great, great majesty! An inn! Just what the good doctor ordered. Well, it was what the professor wished for, in the very least.

Looking up from the road, Marik believed he had just caught the end of a scuffle or something - someone was being shoved into the said inn. "Silk Road Inn.. is it?" He stopped a moment before the entryway, as someone came bolting out of the door. Picking his stick back up into his arm, he leaned forward, staring into the building.

No signs of fighting, but there was blood. An assassination attempt? No, the whole village would be in an uproad. He took another look around. One startled girl, and an older, heftier woman. He had a choice here - walk into the inn, take shelter, get himself an early day's drinking, and try to ignore a very large, hefty man holding down a smaller man. Or, he could would out of the village - ah, but payment wasn't secure yet. That's what he needed Minu for. Note to self - perhaps a new assistant is in need. We've been together for far too long, possibly the longest apprenticeship I've had. Ah, sweet Minu, what would she do out in this harsh world without me, though?

So no, he wasn't leaving, and he wasn't about to go see what the two men were on about. But he had to admit, there was a tinge of curiosity in his mind. Just what was going on in this small village? He had just solved a rodent infestation - though, the matter turned out quite brutal. It seemed no one liked the idea of exploding rats. He would take note of that, on his next job involving rodents.

So, the choice was made. He would be the gallant gentleman, the one to soothe the poor girl's fears - perhaps the young man was a lover, and she needed a manly shoulder to cry on? Of course, Marik would be that man. It would be what any gentleman would do!

As he neared the two women, he took note of a couple of things. They both had flour on them, both were in front of a stall, and both were near the entrance/exit to the village. Perhaps there was something else going on here?

He addressed the larger woman first - she seemed to be the senior of the two, and the one who wasn't shaking like mad at the moment.

"Madame, I couldn't help but notice your buns look quite warm, plump, delightful and very inviting this morning. Do tell, is something the matter with your young apprentice here? She seems to be quite frightened - ah, wait. Don't tell."

He closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath of air. Raising his hands up a bit, he acted as if he were calling up some sort of god or spirit to help him. He gathered what he knew, and formed a plausible explanation - nothing too direct, not full of all the information - but exactly what people wanted to hear. A strange man, torn and bloody. A frightened girl, near the entrance. A large, hefty man restraining said man. No one else hurt.

"You're.. afraid. It has to do with.. a man. You.. no. You don't know this man. Not at all. Rather, he gave you a.. a fright? Yes, he surprised you, yes? Anyone would be scared, had they seen a battered man walk right up to them, not moving. Am I wrong?

With his last statement, he opened his eyes a slight grin on his face. "Do not be frightened by this. I am just a mere mortal. One gifted.. with the sight! Tell me your problems, I shall gladly help both you young ladies out!"

The grin was kept on his face. Was this man serious? Only time would tell. And maybe a sip or two of the devil's brew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avarice.
Game Master
avatar

Posts : 352
Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.
Location : Serenity

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:44 pm

The women smirked, their keen eyes able to trick most anyone into their fouless trap. They had become sort of experts on this type of thing, long in training for the dark ones hand. "Hehe" one giggled the other stood tall as a man hit the fool hearty Marik over the head with a blunt log. Easily capable of knocking him out. The women knew not of the break in security at the prison, they simply continued doing their job unbeknown to them that they were fueling a fire. Once Marik had been knocked out the man who dressed like a homeless person picked him up over his shoulder, a great feat by one so thin and starving. The two women handed the man a loaf of bread which he scarfed down ravenously. "Good good, now along with you, finish the job for the other loaf." The woman who giggled ordered and the victim was carried off towards the prison.




The homeless man dropped Marik into a cell hastily and closed it, locking him in. Then made his way away, the place gave him the creeps as it would anyone he was rushing to find his way out now, who knew what type of ability this Marik had, and the drop probably had woken him. Locked in his cell though, The homeless man whose name even he himself could not remember ran down the hall eager to escape.

Not long after, he came across one of those things. "Wait--P-Please! N-no, I w-was ju-just." he stammered falling to his buttocks feet still flailing around as if he was trying to run. He threw his arms in front of him. "A-AHH!!" He scream echoed the halls of the prison, blood curdling as he was ripped apart. Anyone in the prison would hear it clearly. As the revenant mercilessly killed him.




The two darkfriends stopped in their tracks as the cry echoed. One gulped. "A-Are you s-sure we should be doing this alone?" He questioned his partner. "Oh shut up. There's only a few of them, and this place is huge we can avoid them if we're cautious. Lets just find that brat and get out of here. That voice was too old to be his. There must be others inside now. Foolish twats! Someone needs to tell them the mission has been scrubbed!" The more experienced wizard said, his voice cross with his frightened partner. "Lets just gather up whoever we can find and be gone. You heard Sammuel he's calling for backup, and I don't want to be around for that, you know how they are around humans." He further explained and his partner gulped and nodded continuing through the darkened paths of the prison.

They were approaching the childs area now. Their footsteps completely silent, if the boy wasn't careful he would be caught by the two. Marik was behind them in the east wing, dropped off by the homeless man. Revenants hungered for more bloodshed, and at least one was between Marik and the Wizards now. That meant he had little chance of meeting up with the child without much caution and sneakiness.

. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:52 pm

(FA has asked me to post first)

Walking really wasnt so bad once you got used to it. Although, its certainly helpful if you at least know where your going, because then it seems easier. Luckily for Dan and Lucy, they knew where that was. Around yesterday evening, the two of them were drawn back to the port town of Tola after experiencing some form of feeling that put both of them on edge. They had actually just left the place when the feeling hit, and it drew them back. The feeling was that of sheer dread and evil, and they had to know what it was. Call it stupidity or a compulsion to figure out what was wrong with the world, they returned only to find the town they had been sleeping in not hours before blocked off by imperial guards with some kind of creatures inside. There was nothing they could do, and night was falling. They had to leave the port town of Tola to its fate, and pick another direction. At first, they just scattered off, going in no particular direction. After about an hour at that point, Lucy pointed out that they seemed to be heading towards Theas forest, and knew of a town called Villis nearby. So, without anything other ideas in mind, they decided to head in that direction. Perhaps they could find a map there, or even some food for that matter.

It was now daytime, and this particular journey had started in the evening, so needless to say they were traveling overnight. Neither of them were very talkative at the moment, and Dan was a little on edge in the beginning. Just before moving away from Tola for the second time, one of the imperial guards had accused him of some infamous history like many imperials had before, much to his confusion. He addressed him as a man known as "Denzyl Archer". He had, however, introduced himself to Lucy as Dan, so that was who she knew him as. Needless to say, he was worried about Lucy's trust in him at this point. She hadnt said anything on the matter however, and he wasnt sure if that was a good or bad thing. Nevertheless, the issue seemed to remain under the bridge, as it was never spoke of again in their journey. So, with the sun partially up in the sky, the two of them walked side by side silently, yet feeling comfortable in eachother's company regardless. They had established a strong friendship or bond over the course of a few short hours, something neither of them were that familiar with. To Dan, it was comforting really. He had known little more than himself, and she made him hopeful for a good future.

But that was an issue for later. Even though walking wasnt so bad once you got used to it, there was such a thing as being walked out. He didnt know about Lucy, but he was practically fried in the brain. It was pretty much clear at the moment, as he was just staring forward blankly as he followed the path in front of them, just waiting for the town to come into view. Lucy wasnt saying anything, so he half wondered if she was doing the same. In reality, it didnt matter. In a way, he was sleeping right now. All he'd have to do is snap out of it, and he'd be as active and thoughtful as before, as though he had taken a nice little nap. It looked like that wouldnt be too long from now either, because the town of Villis was now in sight. He jerked his head upwards slightly, and suddenly he was "awake" He looked around at the world around him, as if for the first time. It was early day, and anything was possible. He smiled slightly. Despite their somewhat goalless situation, he was optimistic. Perhaps they could find a map in Villis and really figure out what they were doing. Anything could happen. He looked at Lucy and said somewhat cheerfully, "Almost there!" and looked forward again, taking a breath of fresh air.

And so it was that they arrived in Villis. They took a moment to stand at the entrance, just looking in. The place seemed somewhat stirred, like something weird had just happened, but that was pretty common in these kinds of towns wasnt it? A dirt road with buildings on either side of it. Rather cheery he thought, pleasant. Now, the question was...What first? Maybe some food would be nice. He scanned around the town and saw a few different food stands around, and notice one in particular. It was made up of two women. One was rather thin and seemed younger than the other, who was rather...large. She seemed like the master of the other, which would make her the apprentice. They appeared to be selling bread items from what he could tell from where he stood. Bread really didn't seem like a bad idea at the moment, so he looked beside him and said to Lucy, "Why dont we grab some breakfast?" With a quick smile, he began walking in the direction of the stall of the two women.

While he was moving towards this stall, a paranoid looking man standing nearby watched Dan walk towards it. He made a quick connection that he was heading in that direction, so ran to confront him. "Dont! Stay away from those women, they're evil! I just watched them take away an elf! They'll get you too if your not careful!" Dan honestly couldn't tell if the man was telling the truth, or if he was just crazy. He looked at the stall, and thought they looked innocent enough. Then again...anyone could look innocent. He looked back at the man and said gently, "Thanks for the advice. We'll keep that in mind." He eventually got the man to leave, but remained where he was standing. There was a good chance here that those two women were up to something, and he was somewhat eager to figure out what it was. After the episode with the strange man, he looked to Lucy and said, "Think we should find out what he was talking about?"

. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 pm

. . .

The past few days had been rather eventful, compared the her previous dull months. Lucy had gotten herself into a troublesome situation at a bar of sorts in Tola, and in the process met a kind young man whom she could call a friend, Dan. It didn't take them long to get along, and decide on traveling together aimlessly in this vast world. They both left Tola and began to wander about, before they were drawn back shortly after, to find a rather gloomy scene. Weeping children, lifeless bodies, all shrouded in darkness. And the abnormal chill in the air only stung, making things that much more uncomfortable. To her dissatisfaction, there was no way that she could help the hopeless souls, and she wasn't about to get carried away for fighting the Royal Guards. She wasn't happy, to say the least. And the fact that all they could do was turn the other way and leave only upset her all the more.

She didn't even think, just followed the only person she could trust at the time. And in saying that, she wasn't even entirely sure if Dan could be trusted. The guards back at in Tola seemed to make quite the fuss over him, and addressed him by a name she surely wasn't familiar with, 'Denzyl Archer'. However, he had clearly introduced himself to her as 'Dan'. Just what was Dan short for anyways? The more she dwelled on the topic, the more she began to think. And all these thoughts got worse and worse as they progressed, causing her to brush them aside, and avoid all the suspicion. The chances of Dan being someone he wasn't was truthfully high, as she had just met him, and he honestly hadn't said much about himself. In fact, he avoided giving straight answers. But Lucy didn't want to believe it. She didn't want to think of her friend so suspiciously, and she didn't want to lost that friendship. He was the first real friend she had, and at this point, she could hardly care if anyone else thought of him as a criminal. From what she had witnessed, he was one of the most reliable and kind gentleman she had ever met. She couldn't base her opinion of him on something that entirely contradicted his actions, and something a angry stranger had said. For all she knew, the man who called him such names could have been totally drunk, or crazy for that matter. Having considered the actions of the other men on guard, she honestly wouldn't be surprised, seeing as how irresponsible they were, and inconsiderate of the people they were supposed to protect. That was what the military was for, right? She thought they were supposed to defend the people. But now she was beginning to wonder just how much of that was true.

Her head was down the whole time they walked, barely focused on the ground in front of her. Most of their travel was through the night anyways, so she wasn't able to really see that far in front of her to begin with. But she just now came to realize that the sun was peeking over the horizon, and breaking the dawn. It was already day, and she wouldn't have even noticed the rest of her surrounding if Dan hadn't shouted out cheerfully. Apparently, they were almost to the village, Vilis. She was beginning to realize where she was, and focus on the situation at hand. They had been traveling, roaming along the tree-line of Theas Forest, and following leads to a nearby village. To think they had actually made it by day, and she hadn't even realized where they truly were and why until just now. Just how much did she zone off when she started thinking so far into everything? Before she could even go there again, she stopped herself and payed more attention to Dan. She had yet to visit the silk village of Vilis, and was totally unfamiliar to the area. And it was already obvious he wasn't exactly familiar to the place either, so it was best they stick close together. It would be bad if either of them got lost.

Dan suggested breakfast, which rather lightened the mood. A small smile pursed upon her lips at the though, he sure did like to eat. She couldn't complain though, it was both amusing and a reminder. If he wasn't around, she'd probably go back to her incomplete diet of eating whenever she remembered, or more specifically when her stomach growled loudly enough to be heard. Before she could even respond, a man frantically stopped them in their tracks, howling about some evil women who took some Elven man away. This didn't surprise her that much, honestly, but it was still disturbing. They'd either met up with yet another crazy man, or another freakishly weird situation. She certainly did have the same feeling she did when she was drawn back to Tola, but the village did seem a bit suspicious. It was quiet, but too quiet for such a well known, prosperous village. Back in Reisha, everyone always talked about Vilis and their infamous silk. As remote of a village Reisha was, she could only imagine that Vilis had to be popular to other places. Did they hit a speed bump in production or something?

The weather was getting a bit chillier, so she wondered if their worms weren't producing the silk they needed for trade, or something like that. This was all too interesting to her. When Dan asked if they should check things out, it felt more like a suggestion to her, and she couldn't help but chuckle to herself. “I was honestly hoping for a some breakfast, and a relaxing nap in the grass... But I have to admit, a couple of evil ladies sounds more fun.” She ended her statement with another chuckle, lighter this time. In her own right, she was still a child. And she just couldn't help that curiosity of hers...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Avarice.
Game Master
avatar

Posts : 352
Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.
Location : Serenity

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 pm

The paranoid man looked just like it. More like he had been living in a life of paranoia for quite some time. His hair was tangled and frayed, some parts up some parts down. His clothes dirty and looking as if he had been laying in the mud for an unnecessary long amount of time. His shirt was torn as the two women looked at him, he scampered away down an alley-way. It was obvious he knew something. He headed down the alley and stopped to turn and open a grate, opening to a secret hole in the alley he had made. Rats and mice filled it now as he hid, eye level to the ground just peaking out at the things that were seen walking by. A heavy-set man walked past, his boots much too clean for someone who regulars in an Alleyway. He turned the corner and the man sighed in relief. Pushing the grate out and checking both directions before crawling out of his man-made hole and exhaling in the alleyway. He was cheating death right now. There was almost so much time he could spend awake, hiding. Running. His mind raced as he stood up and moved back down the alley. 'Gotta get out. Gotta get out. Gotta get out.' A metronome clicked in his head.

He stopped at the entrance of the Alley, eyes peering out into the street making sure the road was safe. He was so zoned into what was in front of him. The two women still stood in the stall, conversing about who knows what. He swallowed hard. He looked around and picked up a rock, chucking it at them. You could tell he tried, he tried really hard to hit them in the head with a rock. Then turned and ran down the street.





The women gasped as the rock flew by their heads. "The Nerve!" One shouted and walked out into the street. A town watchmen was nearby. "Apprehend him! He threw a rock at us! He could have hurt the baby!" She told the guard, who nodded and looked at his two partners, and all three quickly made after the paranoid man. The woman then stepped back into the stall. Her problem solved for the day.

The guards encroached on the man, and their spears pointed at him as he pinned against a wall. They were dressed formally, with a plan red cuirass with a white lion imprinted on it. "Halt. Surrender yourself to the King or face the punishment!" The leader of the group said. His tipped spear gleaming only inches from his neck. His mouth opened and closed and he began to cry. There was nothing he could say, nothing he could do to prove his intentions were pure. His hands raised to guard his face as he continued to weep. No hope for him now.


. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takuma
Aspiring Member
avatar

Posts : 33
Location : Searching for the Real Folk Blues.

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Conjurer
Title: Summoner

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:01 am

The western wing was empty quite often, even when there hadn't been revenants crawling about the place. The western wing housed the torture rooms, from the bone-breaking wheel to the iron-maiden, and everything in-between. Sometimes the torture devices weren't just for punishment, but for execution as well- eventually. Even so, the large rooms were still simple in architecture, easy to search and continue on.

The sound of movement, steady steps impacting the smooth stone. They were quiet, stealthy even, unlikely that they belonged to a friend. There were no friends here. The men were more skilled in combat than he, attempting to ambush them was out of the question. Even if he were strong, he couldn't bring himself to kill them, even after all they'd put him through. Takuma's right hand raised to his left bicep, feeling over the contrasting blue dots that marked the pact between he and the summon. No- He could not free that spirit. What if he couldn't control it again? It could go on a rampage and kill even him... No, it was too unsafe to use such a thing, not now. The only option that remained was to either run or try and find a better hiding place.

Takuma's eyes had adjusted somewhat to the darkness, even still, he could not see very far. It was all, very unnatural. This place was so cold, so dark, it was stained by it's own past. Too many people had bled, cried, begged, and died here. Takuma felt in the darkness, examining the cell more closely. Scraps of what remained of a bed, some decrepit bucket that was crushed in, and a metal dish. The scraps of the bed were too small to reliably hide under, so the only choice would be to run. A distraction would be needed...

Takuma's hands worked easily, weary digits closing about one of the small wooden pieces of the bucket and ripping at the rusted metal strip that held it together. The nails came free and Takuma then slid up the wall slowly, keeping one hand to the wall as he approached the door. The feelings of the bugs returned, tiny feet skittering over the flesh. But he could not be distracted now...

With the door ajar, Takuma inched his head around the corner of the doorway but for a second, catching sight of the two men further down the corridor, but a few yards really. However, the unnatural darkness seemed to soak up the torchlight, illuminating very little in the cramped space. He had enough time. Lining his hand up with the gap in the door, Takuma held the broken bucket-piece firmly, before rearing back and launching it further down the hallway, hearing the impact of the wood strike the opposing wall many yards away, before creating a long clattering sound as it bounced to a stop.

Takuma's hope rest on the idea that the two men would move past to investigate. Even he had to admit, it wasn't a very good distraction, but the darkness and the revenants that roamed the hall still worked to Takuma's advantage. The child's breath had caught in his throat, pressed to the wall by the doorway, peering out into the thick black, trying to listen for them moving past. It was all he could do to focus on that single thing, body quivering and on edge. If he were caught, if he ran smack-into a revenant, if he became lost...

Please, just go... The thought trembled through his skull, and there was nothing left to do but wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mornefindon
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Marik had that stupid grin on his face, even as he noticed the other woman stepping away. He figured it was the same as usual - women were usually repulsed by his demeanor and the way he spoke, though he thought he was coming off fairly friendly at this point. Mid-sigh, he was knocked over the head and out for the count.

When he next awoke, it was to the sound of a door slamming shut. Blinking his eyes for a moment, he realized that he was no longer above ground, but in an underground cell-like area. Groggily peering ahead, he noticed a man walking away ahead of him. As he was on his belly, he rolled over to his back, reaching his hands up to rub his head where he was knocked out.

That smarted.. Uhg. What was that about? Dear lord, they're going to make me some sort of sex slave? I knew it would always end like thi-

His thoughts were cut short, as he heard a blood curdling scream of a man straight ahead from his cell. In the same direction the man that had 'dropped him off' had walked off to. Quickly sitting up, he continued to rub his head, nursing it with his hands as best as possible. Turning about, he grabbed the at the cell with his free hand, looking out.

Right then. Time to make my way out of here. Let's see..

Reaching under his coat, he felt around for his belt, noticing that it was still there. His was weaponless - his stick had been dropped back in the village. He'd have to go get that later. Dropping down to one knee, he procured his lock picking kit, shoving his hands through the bars along with his two picking tools. Reaching around, he fiddled around with the lock for a while, trying to unlock it. Luckily enough, it was a crud thing. The man who brought him here probably hadn't patted him down, thinking him for another passing fool. Which probably wasn't too far from the truth, actually.

The lock gave with a satisfying 'click' sound, as he quickly put the tools away. Stepping back, he gave a slight push at the door, then backed right back up into the cell once again. So far, so good. He hoped.

Time to make a timely exit.. and preferably by avoiding whatever it was that made that poor man scream.

Spoiler:
 

Sticking to the walls and their shadows, Marik closed his eyes and tilted his head down, letting his ears pick up anything that would give him a clue to escaping this place. He was almost sure he needed to head in the direction the man had. What he picked up on were a few things. One - they were deeply underground, as he couldn't hear any kind of forest life, nor any wind. Next, he picked up on two people talking - he didn't catch exactly what they were saying, but it seemed they were looking for someone, and they were in a hurry. A name was also thrown out... Sammuel? The name didn't ring any bells to him, however. He also heard a lot of shifting sounds - something was down here.

The very last thing Marik caught, however, was the sound of something smacking against something else. Wood to stone, most likely? It wasn't too loud, almost as if someone had just chucked it along. However, he did notice one important thing - all these sounds came in the same direction as the screaming man.

Minu, if I die down here, you have full ownership of the agency. Bloody hell, where IS that girl when I need her the most..

Spoiler:
 

Staying low and sticking to the shadows, Marik made his way towards the sound of the wood. He figured that by reaching the area where the wood was, and doubling back, he would probably find whoever the two men were looking for. Of course, he had no idea who was the good guy or bad guy here - but the only way he was getting out of here was by following someone out, or helping someone else to escape. He honestly had no other option he could reasonably think of.

He steps were quiet, and his destination was dangerous. But at times, dangerous decisions were the only true choices he had in his life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:04 pm

In truth, the paranoid little man who approached and warned them, who Dan thought wouldn't leave them be until they took heed to his advice and left, actually took off a few moments after he was responded to. Sure, he stood around for a moment, but then just bolted into the alleyways randomly. At least, it would have been random if Dan hadn't seen the look of terror that took hold of him just before doing so. It was strange, but then again strange was something that certainly fit the man's character. It was rather obvious why he ran like he did...the women he spoke of had seen him, and that scared him. Unfortunately, that didn't necessarily mean anything about whether or not they were 'evil'. He easily had the look of someone with more than a few loose nuts, so whether or not he could be taken seriously was questionable. Either way, he was still about to at least get some breakfast from the two of them if they would let him. He had no reason to believe they were up to no good, but at the same time, he had no reason to believe they weren't either.

As the man disappeared behind the alleyways and out of site, his eyes drifted down to look at Lucy as he listened to her response. It made him laugh, honestly, and good heartedly too. They were definitely going to become good friends at this rate. "My thoughts exactly. Keep your guard up just in case though." With that, he looked away from her and turned his attention back towards the women in the stall. He really was interested now, but more so, looking for something to eat already. Whatever happened would satisfy him in that respect, it seemed. He took a few more steps towards them when he heard the sound of something piercing the air behind him. He turned his head and watched a rock fly through the air, and whiz straight past the two women. Naturally, they freaked out a bit and called the guards.

They stood still now and watched the three guards run into the alleyway to apprehend whoever had thrown the rock, Dan himself suspecting it to be the man again...shame. Still, three whole guards after the poor guy just for throwing a rock? That seemed rather extreme to him, though he wasn't really in a position to do anything about it. At any rate, he noted not to annoy the women at the stall...they seemed to be on a bit of a short fuse. He couldn't help but sigh and then continue walking on. He came to a halt just at the front of the small and gave the two of them a bright, friendly smile. He spoke clearly and kindly, but to the point. "I'd like to order some of your best bread, please." he said. In a way, he was evaluating them, seeing how they would act. He didn't really know what to expect, so he had his guard up, but not to where they could tell he was even somewhat on edge.

. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:32 pm

. . .

She smiled at his response, and the fact she managed to lighten the mood a little. And by no means was she about to let her guard down, even if she was rather tired from all that walking. So she stayed close, and eyed up the food from afar. They must have made some pretty tasty bread for them to stand on the streets of the market for who knows how long, and who knew how early considering the time of day. Or maybe she just hoped that bread would be enough to satisfy her stomach, and give her some energy to continue the day. She supposed that she would find out sooner or later, if they in fact weren't as the crazy man had called them - evil. She shook her head as she wondered just how many more interesting characters they would meet along their journey.

Just then, one of those odd characters bolted off, seemingly in a hurry. It seemed when the women glanced at him, he became rather shaken up, and ran into the alley. The impression of this man wasn't improving any, especially when the guards were called because he seemed to have thrown a rock at them. Seriously, a rock? Just what good would that do? He certainly was a strange one, but the fact that three guards took off after him made her think a bit. It was difficult to believe that he would be apprehended over something so minor, and the look of the guards didn't seem of good intent. Just what were they going to do to them? She thought back on when they had left Tola, and how irresponsible the guards were back there, too. Were they all like this? Maybe she had expected too much out of the Royal Guard to begin with. And once again, she found herself staring upon an innocent man, threated by the people who were supposed to defend them. Just what could she do? Lucy certainly wasn't the one to just ignore such foul play, but she also wasn't in any position to oppose the authorities, and she wasn't about to risk being apprehended herself.

Her previous smile became a frown with this event, but quickly returned to a rather blank expression. This was all she could do, turn the other way, and follow Dan to the bread stand. He asked for their finest, and she wondered just how they would serve them, and whether or not they really were evil. Even if they appeared harmless, and were providing to the public, she couldn't help but wonder. She would have to be cautious, as they were still strangers, and couldn't be trusted...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Avarice.
Game Master
avatar

Posts : 352
Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.
Location : Serenity

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:04 pm

The two friends in the dark halted in step as a clang was heard down the hall. They're minds probed forwards, reaching for whatever it was that was thrown. They examined the ground. It was littered as ever, it could have been anything. They checked the walls too, their minds feeling everything. Nothing was out of place. "Something fell. ignore it." The braver one said. "But, what if its one of th-those things?" the other one said. "Then why don't you go take a look!" He said angrily at his foolish partner. Whom then whimpered and headed down the corridor, listening to his own instructions. He checked again, there was nothing so he came back. "N-nothing, nothing, just like you said." The braver one scoffed. "Lets go." he ordered, moving further down the hallway. Just a single cell away from the child's. "Do you smell that?" he asked. His partner sniffed the air, "U-uh.. O-Oh!.. Oh yes. Yes indeed."

His face lit up with a grin as the two made their way to the next cell. Fire radiating from their hands as they searched the room. "Come out and play little brat." He said, his smile still there as he spotted the boy. "Have you now you little twat!" He said growling. His partner moved into the cell. "Think you can do that to us eh? Lets see how Sammuel likes you, you little F**ker." he said grabbing the boy with a hand and holding him by his trousers. "Try and run, and we'll make your death last longer." The snaky one said eying the boy up, he even licked his lips. The man holding him threw him into the hallway. "Lets go." he said, heading back towards the east wing. Magic ready at their disposal, any chance of running was out of the question. Caught he was.






As Marik rounded a corner, a glow erupted around the next. A howl was let out from that direction and suddenly it was there. Standing over him. A revenant. The beast glowed with a color similar to lava. Its skin dripped off of it even it was so hot you could feel its body heat from a few feet away even. It was quick too, nothing like you had ever seen. Even if someone wanted to get away from that glow... they would have no chance. It saw you too. In its hand held a massive axe, dual bladed and sharp enough to shine against the beasts glow. In its off-hand held a shield, and it too was quite large, a tower shield. It still managed to stand a head taller then Marik. Its face was simply a different shade of that yellow glow, slightly darker. It raised its axe and began to bring it down towards Marik's Head.






The guards forced the man to kneel then two grabbed him by the arms and began to drag him down the street. "For the crime of Assault against womenfolk. You are sentenced to hang!" The third guard said. People began to follow them. The man wept as he was dragged by his arms down the street, feet dragging against the dirt. Some people threw stuff at him, apple cores or banana peels. Whatever garbage they had around. The guards lowered him into a stockade, and locked it, not 10 feet away was the platform. A small wooden structure with tall wooden poles on it, two which were occupied by the decaying flesh of men. A single guard stayed in position making sure he didn't break free. While the other two left to summon the executioner armor clanking as they stepped away.

. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takuma
Aspiring Member
avatar

Posts : 33
Location : Searching for the Real Folk Blues.

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Conjurer
Title: Summoner

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:05 am

Takuma slipped back against the wall as the sounds of the wood clattered down the dank hallways. Calm, calm... As easy as breathing, Tak. A suggestion from seasons ago, from a voice with an indistinct face. Exhaling smoothly, Takuma let his mind relax and encompass the area around him. It was a difficult feeling to describe, like reaching out with invisible arms into icy water, feeling towards the heated orbs. They almost had color, smell, their own traits... but they always felt slightly too far away for him to grasp anything more specific than their location.

This time it was everywhere. No, pulsing. The two men were drawing closer, using their own senses to search the darkness. He could feel the magic seeping off their bodies, hands especially. A cold chill ran up his spine, but as quickly as possible, Takuma scooted away from the doorway, placing his palms flat to the clammy walls.

Their voices, they knew he was here. Hands suddenly shaking again and it felt like his rib cage shrunk, all too difficult to breath. Takuma didn't even notice his teeth grinding as he shut his eyes, focusing only on the numb feeling in his hands.

The prison was deep down, but it was made of stone, old rock that had suffered the passing of time. Many seasons it had been, and the upkeep upon the prison had not been kept in mind by it's new hosts. Small veins of water, possibly hundreds of them fought deeper through the soil and rock above, close now...-

Takuma only grimaced when their words of the men sounded from directly in front of him, firelight spreading across the child's calm facade. When the man did finally grab Takuma, he gave a desperate act to shove the man's arm away. The act only reminded him how much smaller he was than these adults. It wouldn't have mattered as much if he'd been armed, or his body not so weak, but he only had a single choice now. Even now, water was beginning to drip from the ceiling, slide down the walls in individual rivulets, and even form small puddles in the divided cells and throughout much of the hallway.

As Takuma was pitched into the hallway, a scrambling misstep brought Takuma's shoulder to impact the wall, stopping his momentum painfully. The cold stone felt roughly odd upon the scarring that covered his right arm. "They'll kill me if I don't do it..." The thoughts slithered through his head, but running would indeed be futile.

The water in the cells and hallway suddenly shot together, curving into a single floating mass at the child's feet, before Takuma quick-stepped towards the closest man, the less experienced of the two wizards, and swung an uppercut with his right arm. His hand itself was not close enough to do anything but graze the man's chin, at the most. However, the water jet that followed Takuma's arm was strong enough to slam the man's skull against the ceiling. Perhaps not with fatal force, but possibly enough to daze the man. Vision blurred, his chest was killing him, felt like his lungs were about to burst, and his entire abdomen tied in knots.

Whether or not the wizard had been struck by the attack, Takuma began to sprint down the hallway, the water regathering and following behind him in a smooth, slow-moving stream. Unknowingly, Takuma ran towards the same revenant that threatened Marik. Even so, there was no choice. Takuma was running on little more than blind hope. There wasn't enough water in the area for him to flood the halls, he was lucky he'd even pulled off a jet blast, but with such tight quarters, it's effect would at least be more painful.


Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avarice.
Game Master
avatar

Posts : 352
Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.
Location : Serenity

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Just like detecting creatures they could detect magic as well. These were no run of the mill wizards. These were trained professionals. The one Takuma had directed his water blow easily saw it coming and grabbed the boys arm before the water had completely formed around it. His hand burned like a fire and singed the boy's arm. But his attack was also futile as the water continued through and hit him in the face, just grazing him. He released the boy but not without leaving a handsome 2nd degree burn on his arm. The other raised the floor to the ceiling just as the boy intended to escape. Blocking the corridor off. "You little c***. You're gonna pay for that." The one whom he had hit said wiping his face clear of water. The other wizard then pulled the raised wall back towards the two wizards. Forcing the boy to come towards them. The other one placed his hands together, fingertip to fingertip. A small blue orb formed in the opening between the two hands. The other wizard chuckled to himself as he then began to close the sides of the prison on the boy, causing him to be forced in one single direction, right towards the other wizard.

The blue orb of light got brighter as he neared. The wizard then opened his hand so that his index fingers and thumbs were still touching, forming a kite shape between his fingers. He slowly moved his hands together and pointed at the boy. His hands glowed a bright blue as he fired his arms forward just enough to hit the boy in the chest. There was little chance of avoiding the blow, if at all. He was out-gunned, and out-skilled.


. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mornefindon
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Silently he crept along, thinking that everything was just alright. It had been a long time since he had traversed caverns such as this, and as such, he had forgotten the many dangers that always awaited around each and every corner. Of course, when the giant lava thing appeared before him, he jumped back, tripping over something as he did. Luckily for him, he was able to swing himself around, and fell down in a crouch, his right hand bruising itself slightly against the floor.

Whatever it was before him, it was towering, and it could see just as clearly as he could in the dark. Marik could tell this by the way it menaced towards him, despite the fact Marik had been blended into the shadows. Of course, he was moving, and that was always a tricky thing to do. This beast, or.. entity, he preferred to call it, was a strange thing. It was as if it were made of lava, the way its body moved, and the way it gave off such a ferocious heat. The heat was of little bother to him, but its armaments gave pause to both wonder and fear.

Now now, no time for studying, Marik. The thing is made of heat, so most of my attacks are useless. And there's no way I'm going one on one with this thing, with barely more than my fists. Oh, good, it's attacking.

Spoiler:
 

He didn't have nearly enough time to conjure up the proper magiks to make this attack work perfectly for him, but he didn't need to do much. Just unleash a blast of energy out from the ground, and the shadow that the revenant was casting, along with the other shadows of the caverns. What looked to be like a fist rose up from the shadows and 'punched' from directly underneath the revenant. Towards a normal being, it would lift them off the ground, sending them spiraling backwards.

The eruption came from beneath the creature, and also directly in front of Marik. It was enough of a blast to push him back, along with his feet that had shoved against the ground since the creature began to swing down with its axe. Having tried his best to focus the explosion beneath the creature, very little of the dark magic back fired onto him, but it was enough to cause him to retreat further back. At this point, his best bet was to turn around and try to lose the creature in the many corners of the caverns. He took many dives and turns - he had no idea the speed of the creature at all, but he did know he needed to formulate a plan as soon as possible - and something crafty.

It wasn't long - maybe two corners, three? Marik's mind was busy counting the number of steps he could take before he could hear the creature rumbling behind him once more. Maybe that was the reason he ran straight into one of the two magicians without even noticing them at first. Well, that is what it would look like to the normal person. In truth, two shady characters standing above an irregular, unnatural formation of rocks did beg many questions. So did a bright blue light forming in one of their hands. Marik had other pressing matters that concerned him, however.

"Oh, wow, excuse me. Sorry. Didn't notice you there on account of a huge melting thing following just behind me. You fellows wouldn't happen to know how we can go about escaping such a creature, now would you? I'm open to a lot of suggestions here."

Marik had backed himself up so that both the men were on either side of him, the revenant now coming from the direction behind the man who had been forming the blue light. One think Marik couldn't do, however, was get a look into the 'cage'. At this point, he thought it best not to even think of doing such a thing. He was sure these men were up to no good, but he was fairly confidant they didn't want to die. Right, these men looked like the type to enjoy living.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avarice.
Game Master
avatar

Posts : 352
Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.
Location : Serenity

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:59 pm

The beast didn't flinch to the wizards attack. Instead its axe continued downwards, but since the foolish wizards own attack had blasted him backwards, he was able to avoid the Blow and the axe hit the ground with a clang. It easily lifted it out of the ground and made its way back over to Marik. As the Man began to run the Beast quickly caught up and threw its axe at the man, spiraling through the air it missed him by a few meters. And hit a corridor wall with enough force to bring down the wall. Anyone inside the building would be sure to be alert that a battle was present. It was a corridor Marik had had the intention of turning down. Blocking the path from him to the boy. It was forcing him back towards the east exit. Two corners would lead him out of the building and into the forest. But he had to choose the right corners. There was a set of 3 paths the man could take. He would have to choose the right one if he wanted to get out, another dead end would soon end up with just plain dead. The path was not short in any way however. He still had a good 60 yards to travel to get to the first corner he could take. The last corner on the set was the one out of the east gate, and was 140 yards to. He would have to get clever and find a way to stop the creature in its tracks.

. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Measure
Polaris
avatar

Posts : 87
Location : Tomorrow

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Title: Sniper!

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Dan sighed with obvious unhappiness, despite the happy smile he gave the women at the stall. He couldn't get the image of the crazy man out of his head. He seemed so alarmed, shaken, especially when he ran. Certainly he was only trying to escape with his life...but there was nothing he could do. They weren't here to make enemies, especially with the imperial guards. The man would have to be left to his fate. At least, thats what Dan thought before he heard what exactly that fate was going to be. For throwing a rock at a woman, he was going to be hung. Now, he wasn't an expert on law in any way, but he knew that that was a little extreme. In short, he wouldn't have it. After hearing what the guard said, his happy demeanor became dark, unpleasant, and very dangerous. Shadows covered the upper half of his face as he looked downward. It was so obvious to him now. The women really were guilty of something, and they knew that the crazy old man knew it, so they did exactly what they knew would result in his death without putting any blame on them. Any blame from anyone but Dan, that is. He wasn't sure what they were guilty with, but he would make them pay, and he let them know it. "Your going to pay for that." he said lowly yet darkly. There was no doubt they were 100% aware of what was happening to the man, despite what they appeared to be doing or who they appeared to be dealing with. They would most likely act confused, but chances were they would know exactly what he was talking about, especially when he acted next.

He moved away from the stall without getting any bread, taking Lucy with him. He looked at her with a serious face, and spoke. "We're about to overstay our welcome here, Lucy. I'm not going to let that man get executed for this, whatever the cost, and I'm rather sure you feel the same. When the execution starts, I want you to be in the front of the audience. Just before they hang him, I'm going to cut the rope with an arrow from the other side of the street. Thats when you grab him and take off, and I'll be right behind you with cover fire, alright?" He knew he was being a little bossy at the moment, but this just wouldn't sit still with him if he didn't do anything. He was assuming alot of things right now, most of them about Lucy. Once all of this was over, and he was a little less agitated, he would apologize to her properly. But for now, he was to await her response, and depending on what it was, they would act accordingly. They didn't have much time either, the execution was sure to start any minute now.

. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
The Creator
avatar

Posts : 797
Location : Heart of it All.

Character Profile
Race: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Title: Rogue Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:38 pm

. . .

Her head hung, as she followed Dan to the stall. Commotion was heard about the village, as people rushed to the guards placed before some wooden stage of sorts. Just what were they intending to do with that man? Honestly, she wasn't entirely sure, as sheltered as she was, but she had a bad feeling. Lucy immediately turned around, watching with strained eyes as they sentenced the man to hang before the people. Even as domestic as she was, she knew those words meant the fate of that man. Her brow furrowed, as her fingers clenched in a fist, her nails digging into her skin as she tried to keep herself from doing something stupid. She wanted to run up and plant her face in one of the guards faces, an attempt to knock some sense into them, or at least blow off some steam in the process of trying. Hanging a man for throwing a rock at a couple of women? There was something fishy going on, and she began to wonder just how innocent and victimized those women were. She directed her attention to them, wanting to give them a death glare, but desperately keeping her collected composure intact.

The moment she heard Dan's voice, she perked right up, eyes wide. Did he just threaten those women, the very ones he was going to buy breakfast from? It was obvious he was thinking the very same thing that she was, especially when he turned and blurted out a mass of instructions to her. He intended to spare the man's life, this much was expected of him. But his quick thinking, and outburst of his inner bossy persona, that was quite the surprise. It rather amused her, and she expressed this through a sly smirk. She'd gladly assist her friend in saving this innocent man, especially if it included seeing the dumbfounded looks on those ignorant guards' faces. If it wasn't obvious already, she wasn't very fond of the Royal Guard much anymore. And she had to admit, his plan was rather clever, though it seemed she was left with quite a bit of muscle work. She chuckled to herself, knowing well she was definitely strong enough to snatch the man up, and escape in the process. Oh, how those long days of training in Reisha had payed off. Still, she wouldn't be able to carry the man far, as he was still much larger than she, and her strength was still limited. It would entirely depend on the man's will to live, in whether or not he'd make a run for it himself after she got him away from the guards and townspeople. Too much thinking, and not enough action. She shook off the anticipation, and stuck to the main intention - saving the man from hanging.

She inhaled a deep breath, and exhaled quite vigorously. “You got it, boss.” Lucy followed her statement with a wink. Although her response was a bit delayed, she knew he was sure that she would help to begin with. And so, without further ado, she placed herself within the crowd of people. And ever so slowly, she made her way to the front, avoiding bumping into people, and drawing attention to herself. For all they knew, she was just another visitor, joining the audience for the upcoming show...

. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onesky.heavenforum.com
Avarice.
Game Master
avatar

Posts : 352
Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.
Location : Serenity

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:18 pm

The man remained motionless, obviously deep in thought as a rotten tomato hit him in the face, he didn't even blink. Within a few minutes the guards returned and the executioner appeared, a black mask over his face. Several other guards entered the area to make sure no foul play had been made. Two guards removed the stockade and lifted the man to his feet. He walked as they pulled him up to the platform and moved him to the spot. Beneath him was a trapdoor that upon opening would drop the man to his death. One guard moved to the front of the platform while the executioner began tying the noose around the man's neck. "For the crimes of disrupting business, assaulting two women and attempting escape, this man. Is sentenced to hang by the neck until death." The guard spoke as the crowds cheered and whooped. The guard stepped off the platform and made his way to the edge of the crowd. The Executioner walked over to a lever. The crowd went silent. The guard that spoke now drew his sword, and the executioner placed his hands on the lever. He swung the sword downwards and the executioner pulled the lever, the trapdoor opened and the man fell.

Within a second an arrow ripped through the rope and the crowd gasped as the man fell down below the platform. Lucy jumped forward and dragged him out from beneath it, the platform just tall enough to crouch under. "Stop them!" the guard commanded and several guards moved, spears pointing at Lucy and the rescued man. "..thank you..my name is peter." He said as the guards pointed spears at the two. "Hands up! No Funny business. Both of you, move it! To the prison!" one commanded. One of the guards kicked Peter in the back of the leg and he fell to the ground yelping in pain. He couldn't stand back up, so the guard dragged him. Peter grabbed a piece of wood from the platform as he was pulled away and tore his shirt. Tying the wood around his leg. "Me leg... its broke.." he cried to Lucy. Tying the makeshift splint tighter.

Another group quickly surrounded the archer. Spears also pointed. "Drop the bow or we'll kill you!" The officer commanded sword pointed at the archer. Some rooftop soldiers drew bows and locked in on the three criminals. The head officer moved to the platform. "Stand down, or we will show no mercy. You will go to the prison. Now." He ordered. The guards grabbing the three, two on each person and moving them together to the middle of the street. Six archers atop the roof remained at the ready and walked alongside the group as they made their way down the street. A band of 12 other guards surrounded the 6 pushing the trio along, armed with spears and maces. Two officers stood at the front of the group armed with swords leading to the prison inside Villis. It was a small building made of stone surrounded by a moat, meant to hold around 30 prisoners at maximum capacity, then they had to start sharing cells.

The trio was lead into the building and then lead downstairs. The barracks upstairs in the building, around 30 more guards lazed around inside the barracks, eating and watching the parade through. They were lead downstairs where a man with parchment wrote descriptions of all three and collected anything they had on their persons. Locking them up in a safe, and they then passed into a third level downwards, and each was assigned to a different cell. A single guard stood at the entrance to the third floor, holding keys to every cell. Each person was locked in a different cell. "They broke me leg.." Peter muttered, fingering his splint.

. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takuma
Aspiring Member
avatar

Posts : 33
Location : Searching for the Real Folk Blues.

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Conjurer
Title: Summoner

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Cold like ice, his nerves burst with a numb coolness. He hadn't been able to understand it until the blazing agony shot through the portion of his arm which was gripped by the man's superheated hands. The adult's hand had closed about Takuma's arm performing the upper-cut, his right arm, which already had been exposed to extensive burn wounds in the past. The pore-less scarred skin only gave a light sizzling from the water which had been present, helping to cool somewhat, but mostly bursting into spouts of steam.

Takuma released a faint cry as the water bolted upwards and forced the man to release him, blood trickling down the exposed limb as a wavering step was taken away, before moving into a full sprint- Directly into a wall. Takuma's shoulder took the brunt of the light impact, simply causing the boy to hit the wall and turn him about. The grim reality was sinking in, he wasn't going to have much hope of escaping from these men, not while both remained standing. Bleeding out, his body was beginning to scream within every sinew for some semblance of rest or recovery. Something was going to have to give soon.

Exhaustion, fright, and even pain had yet to blunt the boy's survival instincts, far from one to curl up into a ball and submit. He was either very stupid or very brave. As the walls suddenly began their movement, it was beginning to become more dangerous than a simple dead-end. Takuma's fingers splayed out towards the water, attempting to call the flood before-

The impact to the chest knocked the final bit of fight out of the young conjurer, repelling his body backwards and striking the back of his skull against the bit of moving wall. The water being channeled about gave a violent thrash before falling into individual puddles along the hallway floor, mixing with any dirt and the runnels of blood that leaked from Takuma's arm and head. Any sounds of the wizards, any sight that involved anything but the dirty floor, and any feeling besides the distant searing in his arm- were all fading out. The ability to think was temporarily taken from Takuma, not unconscious, but so detached that anything but more pain would simply go unnoticed- his mind dazed and his body stunned- a stupor which wasn't easy to wake from.

Whispers of some ancient entity crept through Takuma's subconscious, it's voice neglected like much of the rest of his senses, futilely demanding a taste for blood and freedom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avarice.
Game Master
avatar

Posts : 352
Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.
Location : Serenity

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:13 pm

The blow the man delt would cancel any magical abilities that Takuma intended on using for a while, a small radial shape would form on the location he had struck and three small triangles would form inside it. Blocking any magic until the wizard fell asleep or was killed. For the moment though, his grip held tight on the boy, and he would not be able to use any magic. The other wizard picked the boy up and carried him. "Lets go." he said throwing the boy over his shoulder and carrying him down the hall. "Back to sammuel with him.. yes.. yes" the ratty one said giggling to himself. The fight between the revanent and the other wizard drew their attention but they had no time to mess around. They were eager to get out of this blasted place.

. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mornefindon
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 pm

As he ran, actually thinking he was safe from the revenant for the time being, a sharp WOOSH sound passed right by his right ear, causing him to duck and roll to his left, tumbling into a wall. It was a fairly good thing, too. Not only did the sound mean that he just missed being decapitated completely, but he was able to avoid any of the falling rubble from doing anything to him. Other than, of course, blocking off his path.

Gritting his teeth, he pushed up off of the ground, reaching out to the axe. He would've liked a weapon in this situation, no matter how good it would do him. Just the feel of something heavy in his hands would make him feel that much safer. Shaking his head, he quickly brought his hands back, realizing that the creature might have some sort of control of it - as well as an idea hitting him as he grinned, running back down the eastern corridor.

Spoiler:
 

Covering the axe within the shadows, he figured that it might throw the creature off for a moment, but probably not for too long. He'd need to do something to hold the creature off as he figured a way out of the caverns. At this point, he was more concerned for his own safety rather than anyone else in here - no matter how young they sounded.

Spoiler:
 

Running along the corridor, Marik's hands ran along the walls, as he leaned his feet onto the walls, leaping up to the ceiling, passing his hands along as well. As he ran down the eastern corridor, he clasped his hands together, a spark of fire forming in between them. Raising his hands up, he turned around with a jump, launching a large stream of fire towards the ceiling directly behind him, trying to explode it and cause the rubble to fall, trying to create the same effect that the revenant's axe had down to the wall before.

Keeping up with his own pace, he passed by the first corner he could turn into, tracing his hands along the entrance into the different passage. Rather than turn into it, though, he ran ahead, casting another stream of fire into it, trying to block off the entrance into the corner. Instead, Marik ran along to the next corner, turning into it, hoping that the creature would think he had ran into that first corner and tried to block it off.

Now, let's hope I don't run into any more trouble, yes? I really, really wish I could have a drink right now..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avarice.
Game Master
avatar

Posts : 352
Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.
Location : Serenity

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:39 pm

As Marik turned the corner a reflective surface caught his eye. It was the piece of a mirror. The revenent had been stopped in its tracks for now, its surface glowed with a strange tint of color that was reddish. The "exit" that was once here, was not to be found. Instead a stone wall held its path. The ground right in front of the perfectly constructed wall had grass on it. The wall looked like it was just raised right there not 10 minutes ago. The grass still wet from the dew. Something was trapping Marik inside.

He was stuck now. Behind him stood a revenant ahead of him stood a stone wall. It seemed hopeless, except for the mirror fragment..

. . .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]   

Back to top Go down
 
The Descent[Private, Gore, Violence]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» :Doggie Style With A Big Cat: (Private)
» Private Sessions
» 213 Private J. Stevens, 1/24th Foot.
» Darkness Rising (*PRIVATE* Jet...and whomever he approves only)
» Private Eye

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Sky :: Aleha :: Meika :: Theas Forest :: Vilis :: Market-
Jump to: